Sign in to follow this  
Guest jayson2830

Taxi req rwy

Guest jayson2830

Sometmes I want to change the t/o runway but the option to req rwy insn't always in the menu. Sometimes the assigned runway number and the req rwy is there but at other times only the assigned runway number is there without the option to req rwy.

Guest 102301636

I could be wrong, but I think if you accept the runway ATC assigns you then you cannot go back and request another runway, I think you can only request a different runway for take-off prior to accepting any other runway...therefore make sure Otto does not have the commsAgain I could be wrong so someone feel free to correct me

Guest jayson2830

Alan Thanks. Otto had the comms.

Guest Douglas Thompson

Otto having the comms makes no difference and you can request an alternate rwy after having accepted the initial assigned rwy. At what point (exactly) are you looking for the menu item? I assume you're talking about a fully controlled departure field? Interesting...

Guest jayson2830

The Aiport was KEUG a fully controlled field. I used atc to get the active runway and selected "progressive Taxi " before I started Rcv.I turned comms over to otto and he got the Clearance and contacted ground. Ground assigned a different runway than the one I had received from ATC. The only thing that showed in the menu was the the RCv assigned runway. There was no option to change to a different runway.Since then I have been handling the comms myself and after I get the Rcv assigned runway there is an option in the menu to request a change.

it's possible that when otto has the comms, you don't have the choice to change runways. jd

Guest jayson2830

I will experiment on my next flight with Otto on the Comms and see what happens.

>The Aiport was KEUG a fully controlled field. I used atc to>get the active runway and selected "progressive Taxi " before>I started Rcv.>I turned comms over to otto and he got the Clearance and>contacted ground. Ground assigned a different runway than the>one I had received from ATC. The only thing that showed in the>menu was the the RCv assigned runway. There was no option to>change to a different runway.Since then I have been handling>the comms myself and after I get the Rcv assigned runway there>is an option in the menu to request a change. The problem here is that FS9 ATC (which you used to get the active & prog taxi) often does not agree with RC when it comes to runway selection. This is an FS weakness and it could sometimes be difficult to force a change in active, even by changing wind direction!RC on the other hand is more likely to select what would be the active in RL, in my opinion.Iain