Sign in to follow this  
camaflight

Three issues: 1.Weakness in the emergency-function - 2....

Three issues: 1.Weakness in the emergency-function - 2. At what extend does RC interact with AI on ground. - 3. Interaction with AI when airborneI like to use RC, Active Sky, FS Real time, FsPassengers and AIsmooth, as this all gives a kind of challenges that bring so much realism to the flight simming that I find it really worth spending hours of hours on this hobby.I am a new user of the RC and to start with I had a lot of computer-related trouble with the old ADV-display, causing so much interference with my flying that I did not really catch up with the ATC at all time. Now I have the new feature by Pete Dowson and I really have got the grasp of the RC. The program is fine. When trouble, it

Guest Douglas Thompson

1 - E isn't currently available on Twr freq. I've made note of this along with the 7700 xpndr code issue.I'll defer #2 to John...#3 - It's an AI problem we're aware of and somewhat helpless to do anything about. AI don't take into consideration the PCA/altimeter change (2992 in the States). If there comes a time we can smooth this nonsense out, rest assured we will.FYI - Popular demand's forced me to add the TCAS/RA issue to the enhancement list as well.

#2, "follow the", "give way to the" is ear candy for the initial ground controller to say, when you ask for taxi. from that point on, i leave it to the ai to behave, and not run you over. i don't control the ai while you're taxiing out.on my installation, ai never run into me, they don't cut in front of me, they are well behaved. your mileage may vary.ground awareness is something we will look into, it's priority will have to be assessed, and we'll get to it, when we have finished the higher priority itemsjd

Thanks JD,amazing you're really "hand on" with your forum, giving prompt answers all the time !As the FsP gives me a 5% chance of facing a failure, there will probably last a while before another one occurs.As for the AI, it

>>As the FsP gives me a 5% chance of facing a failure, there>will probably last a while before another one occurs.Ahhh....but you got to be carefull - even though you set 5% chance of failure, your next flight *still* has a 50/50 chance of having a failure or not having a failure.So you can't say "it'll be a while before the next one" :() Its...just the way probability works :()Subs

Guest Captain Dad

I think that you are asking way too much for this program.AI behaves perfectly with my system - and I enjoy the occassional emergency descents.Are you one of those guys that has 28 add-ons for FS 09 and expects them all to integrate with one another without a problem? Ever?Whenever I have AI aircraft all lined up on just one runway, I use another. Don't want to burn up that expensive jet fuel.

Hello:To keep runway queues down for takeoff I use AISmooth (1.12 freeware) to provide landing aircraft seperation that may allow departing aircraft to taxi onto the runway and depart. I also use FS Configurator with FS9 to increase taxi speeds slightly so aircraft landing can exit the runway more efficiently still within reasonable taxi speeds.

>>Are you one of those guys that has 28 add-ons for FS 09 and>expects them all to integrate with one another without a>problem? Ever?>You are really far off !In the manual RC is said to be compatible with FsP.As far as the emergency part concerns it's not.Look at the answer from Doug.All I am asking for is an improvement regarding the emergency part.So do me a favor, throw up in your own room !

>>>>As the FsP gives me a 5% chance of facing a failure, there>>will probably last a while before another one occurs.>>>Ahhh....but you got to be carefull - even though you set 5%>chance of failure, your next flight *still* has a 50/50 chance>of having a failure or not having a failure.>>So you can't say "it'll be a while before the next one" :() >Its...just the way probability works :()>>Subs:D Yes I know, one will never know when next failure occurs. What I mean is that the 5% failure option gives "totally" less failure than lets say the 20 % option, hence I wrote it will PROBABLY last a while before another one occurs. 50/50 chance - yes I am familiar with the math, but 5 % is less tan 20 %, but you allways have to calculate with a 50% chance of getting a failure....

>Hello:>>To keep runway queues down for takeoff I use AISmooth (1.12>freeware) to provide landing aircraft seperation that may>allow departing aircraft to taxi onto the runway and depart. I>also use FS Configurator with FS9 to increase taxi speeds>slightly so aircraft landing can exit the runway more>efficiently still within reasonable taxi speeds.>Yes that's a great program ! I have used it for some time now, but stopped after seeing som misbehavior of AI's at heavy traffic airports. Yesterday I actually did look into it again and noticed that I had made some bad choises in the setting. After necessary adjustments it is really functioning well now.But please tell me, where can I find version 1.12 ? I have the 1.11A

Guest Captain Dad

Like I said...

" but you allways have to calculate with a 50% chance of getting a failure.... "Sorry, I was a little hanged up in percentage there, I ment of course 50/50 chance....;)

Guest Captain Dad

I don't think your initial question was long enough. Maybe you write a book about it next time.

Guest Captain Dad

Maybe you COULD write a book about it next time.