Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

Issue: KPHL-KDFW

I did a flight yesterday from KPHL-KDFW. KDFW ATIS said that Rwy 13R is in use. As a good pilot however, I waited for the clearance from ATC. Approach told me to expect 13R as well. However...I was vectored to Rwy 35R and had to declare a missed approach. Also, I was running a little bit low on fuel during the hold with about 1500 lbs remaining and wanted to get ATCs attention to declare a low fuel emergency to prevent my passengers and most importantly me(!) a horrible plunge from 5000 feet, but there was no such option. KDFW is standard FS9 scenery with no additional AFCADs, unless Ultimate Traffic did.Full flightplan: KPHL DPONT 5S51 OTT J42 MEM J66 LIT.BYP5 KDFW

if there are a lot of planes in the area, 60 miles out, i won't see any ai at kdfw, and i go with a runway selection based on the wind.i'm surprised approach told you 13R, and then vectored you to 35R. i'd have to see a log, to be able to explain it.as mentioned in another post, emergencies are really only implemented in enroute phase of flight.were you on tower or approach frequency when you went looking for emergencies?jd

Yea, I found that rather strange as well, especially since I heard heavy ATC chatter (not canned) to clear some fellow AI planes to 13R and some to 35R.And, yes, I was on Tower when I wanted to request the emergency, but even when I got handed over to Approach again the emergencies were unavailable. Kinda good to know that someone could hijack my plane on short final ;-) Just kidding.Thanks jd!