Sign in to follow this  
Guest ragnaroc1

waiting for activation key.

Guest ragnaroc1

Hi!I just bought a copy of RC V4 and recieved it yesterday and sent in a request by e-mail for my key. However it said it should take 24 hr's and is now over that period of time by 3 or 4 hours and still no key.I am dying to try this thing and can't stand that I am not able to use it yet :/Please let me know what is going on before I burst into flames or something, ok? :D :D RagnaRoC

Guest RickT

Hi RagnaRoc,Please send your request again. All requests we received have been answered. You did not identify yourself so I can't tell you whether we sent you a key or not.

Guest ragnaroc1

Rick, I sent the mail from a yahoo web account . I will try once more and monitor this thread. If you do not recieve it witth in a few minutes please respond here and I will send again from a different e-mail account next time. RagnaRoC (Michael Kurnik)

Guest ragnaroc1

I think I may not have properly added the subject line in the old mails.New one is sent! RagnaRoC (Michael Kurnik)

Guest RickT

I have just sent you another key.

Guest ragnaroc1

Rick, Thank you for your very prompt response! I am monitoring the mailbox now...If I do not get it within a few minutes I will respond by sending the key request from my ISP's mail account. If I DO receive it I will notify you here. Thanks, RagnaRoC (Michael Kurnik)

Guest ragnaroc1

Rick, The bloody webmail was routing the mails to the bulk/spam folder for some reason! In any case I found the mail but can't make Mozilla Firefox display it :/ What a pain. Anyway should I simply send via my ISP's mail account? RagnaRoC (Michael Kurnik)P.S. Sorry to be such a pain in the posterior!

Guest ragnaroc1

Rick, Evidently the yahoo/firfox combo can't read MSGTAG style msg's. There is no button as mentioned to allow it to display. I need to resend from the ISP account.Sorry for all the trouble. RagnaRoC (Michael Kurnik)

Guest ragnaroc1

New msg sent from ISP account. This should fix the issue.

Guest ragnaroc1

Rick, Just informing you again to make sure you got the msg that I finally managed to get key to display by fowarding the mail from my Yahoo acccount to my ISP's account and displaying it from my mail client there. From there I managed to use key to install RC V4 and give it a quick spin. I am quite happy with what I have seen of it so far! :) Thanks for all the help! RagnaRoC

Guest ragnaroc1

jd, Me too! LOL. I am still learning everything but have considered trying to get ratings to become a commerical pilot of some kind one day if possible. So even though I still have a ways to go before I can properly use RC I AM enjoying myself. I did test it out right up to before landing on the first tutorial lesson and am very happy with the product. It truly is a big improvement and the documentation is exceptional in my opinion which makes all the difference. By the time I am done absorbing FS2004's built in lessons and the RC manual itself I should be good to go! Good thing I love to read and learn! :D I wish to restate how utterly impressed I am with the add-ons I have gotten so far for this thing RC among them (Ground Environment 2006, Ulitmate Terrain USA, FSGenesis Freeware 38.2 mesh, ActiveSky V6, PMDG 747-400 QOS, Eaglesoft Citation X and last but not least RC V4). These addons have transformed the simulated environment beyond what I would have dreamed possible on a 3 GHz PC avalible to a poor slob such as myself! From what I have seen the community that revolves around all these products and FS2004 itself is equally as impressive. Nice to see such a spirit survives somewhere. Especially on such a beast as the Internet. So far in RL all I have is a whopping 30 minutes logged flight time on a Cessna 172 Skyhawk that I managed to aquire during a Intro Flight at a local flight school located at KPIE a few years back but with all the goodies I have gotten (RC being a big part of it) I hope to greatly improve my general knowledge to the point of making it signifigantly easier if/when the day comes that I wish to put it to real use! I have always dreamed of doing the Real Deal. In the meantime one way or the other I will certainly enjoy the use of such fine products as yours for the pure entertainment value. :)Finally ....If the way I fly a traffic pattern in the simulator is any indication ....I have a LONG way to go and only have a little less trouble then with the e-mail issue. So I guess I better get cracking on the practice! :DThanks again for the great product to you and your team. RagnaRoC (Michael Kurnik)

kpie? i was born and raised in st. petersburg. small world....jd

Guest ragnaroc1

jd, Small world indeed! I have lived here (St. Pete that is) for years now. I was born and spent most of my childhood in NY however. BTW just installed VOZ tonight and was pretty impressed by the idea that such a thing would be givenaway as freeware! Also have installed Project Canarias 2006. Truly amazing stuff. People putting so much work into these things simply for the love of it. Too cool. :) Have any recomendations as to the best freely avalible mesh for Australia? Anyway I think I have rambled (Must be gettin' see-niiile in my old age or something ) enough on this thread for the moment. :) RagnaRoC