Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcb1963

Traffic Problems

Guest rcb1963

Hello Everyone, My name is Rich and I'm new here. Sorry for my 1st posting to be a problem. I puchased RCv4 about a week ago. I've installed it with every combanation of addon I can come up with and I have the same problem. So before I reinstall again I figured I'd come here. My problem is with AI traffic. I use MYTRAFFIC 2006 at %100. I'm flying the PMDG 747 and everytime I pull upto the Rwy ready to take off RC tells me to line up on the rwy right away. There could be 3 planes in front of me and 1 landing and it still tells me to Line-Up. Then I have to sit there and wait for those planes to Time-out. Other times I've had AI planes drive right thru me. As if I wasnt even there. Then I get the Crash Aircraft message. The 1st time I used the program The flight was great. Til the end. I got the final clearance to land. It was a foggy night. When the fog cleared all I saw was the tail of an AI aircraft on the end of the runway. Just sitting there. By then it was TOO LATE. CRASH. 320 dead souls. Ouch. I even removed ALL my addon Scenery. (All Simflyers & Mega Scenery) It seems to be even worse now. PLEASE HELP! It's so agravating when you go thru a 30min check list just to crashed out by AI. Thanks! Rich My Hardware: ASUS A8N32-SLI with 1gig Ram AMD 4400+ Dual-Core ATI 800XL PCI-E

Make sure you have the 'Interact with AI' option ticked in the options menu. RC doesn't control aircraft on the ground. I fly with crash detection turned off - all well and good but there are too many little things that can set it off - dodgy bumpy runways, buildings too near to taxiways, mad AI aircraft etc. Besides, I know if I've crashed the plane or not!-Phil

Guest rcb1963

Thank You for the Awesomely Quick Reply. Yes I did that. I was thinking about AISmooth. But it's not working with a Unregistered copy of FSUIPC. Even though it says it will. Quick question JD. When I hitthe Update button today on RC it downloaded like 4 updates. But yet the version # is the same. What was it that RC downloaded? I thought it was strange that I got that many updates at once. I almost always hit that button when I fire up RC. OH and BTW...... I love the Program!!!!! This is the first time I was willing to Pay 1st and wait for the mail. I never buy anything unless I can have it in my hands that moment. It was well worth the wait!!!!! Thnx. Now if I can just get the AI to stop taking me out. lol

Guest rcb1963

It is. Thanks Phil. Rich

they were updates to some data files.launch rcclick debugload your .plnclick start rcduplicate the problemzip up the .log, and email it to me, with a description of the problem (ai by name did this/that, i was told to do this, but ai1, ai2, and ai3 were in front of me, etc)jd