Sign in to follow this  
Guest The masterBaker

Opposite Direction

if your .pln is changed, you need to quit rc, and restart, and load the new .plnjd

Guest johnch

Been using RC4 for a few weeks and noticed missing waypoints even when copilot was flying the flightplan (exported from FSNav). Then I noticed that if there is radio communication going on, the aircraft position does not update on the display window, the "ping" doesn't sound when flying over the waypoint, and by the time the radio chatter finishes, plane has already gone over the waypoint and co-pilot already turning the plane back. Typical situation is flying in busy airspace (e.g. southern Germany) with heavy AI (80%, from Traffic2005) so there is a lot of radio chatter as well as ATC communications. Flying from EGCC to LMML last night (copilot flying), missed waypoint several times, every miss was related to radio communication when passing waypoints. Anyone noticed this? Any workround (apart from requesting a direct to chkpt), or is this my setup (RC4.2, Traffic2005, ActiveSky6, FS Realtime)?

Try this to reduce sound congestion.Use only AI chatter, not the additional phony pilot wavs (Options).Make sure audio in AS6 flightwatch is off.Try turning off the waypoint acknowledge "ding" in RC options.Are you using motherboard audio or a seperate sound card.

Doug,May I make a suggestion. I have had this happen to me a few times and when I checked the problem I realised it was happening when the first checkpoint was the the depature airports navaid, and my flight path after take off was to turn and make a standard 30 degree intercept of the depature track without overflying the aid. Could not a parameter be put into the program that ignores the first FPL checkpoint if it id the departure navaid? And/or, alternatively on radar contact be instructed to '.... track direct to (waypoint) resume own navigation.'?My RW ATC experience would never have a pilot overfly the departure navaid unless the turn after take off naturally resulted in this. Normally in a non radar environment the procedure is to intercept the departure track within 5 nm. In the radar environment, as instructed by ATC.NeilYPAD

The extended RC menu (9) has an option to select the next waypoint in effect skipping a problem one.The problem of the first waypoint occurs in some instances when initial tight waypoints are included in external plans such as inclusions of SIDs being converted to individual waypoints in the exported flight plan. This is often for the benefit of importing into an FMC as opposed to using the FMC's internal database. However, the same waypoints are exported to FS9 so RC gets them as well.I'm an FSBuild and PMDG user. In FSB if a SID is included it is converted to waypoints in the route grid. These waypoints can be deleted there before export. You pick the first waypoint you want RC to recognize and delete any before those in the grid.On the FMC you can choose to enter the FMC's SID from its database and clean up the LEGS page so no waypoints are duplicated. This gets you LNAV or at least navigation display of close in departure waypoints that you can steer toward using HDG or yoke control before you get to the mandatory RC waypoints. It is a bit of work on the FMC but does solve the problem of necessary accreditation of close-in initial waypoints (sometimes referred to as soft waypoints because they exist for departure turns and allow more deviation).

Guest johnch

>also fly at 1x as you approach checkpoints>>jdThanks Ron and jd, but these are not permanent solutions. In all instances I observed, it is not the plane which misses the checkpoint, but RC failing to recognise the plane passing the checkpoint because of concurrent radio communication. I missed one again during the last flight because shortly before the checkpoint ATC instruction came to ask for frequency change. As per Ron's suggestion I turned off everything (and I am using on-board soundcard), including all AI chatter so the only radio communication is ATC. Any plans to work round this in a future update?Not meant to be a criticism - just feedback for you guys to make it even better. In all other aspects I enjoyed this fantastic addon tremendously, and have not flown any flights without it ever since I bought it several weeks ago.

Guest shaheedan

Hi,one thing, normally we have to choose and start to follow a STAR between 40 to 60nm. but RC didn't provide us the info on the "expected runway approach" as compare with default FS9 ATC, at least 80nm we know which runway is to be used. RC only informed us at 30nm, which i feel not correct. hope can improved on this.RegardsShaheedan

I too think it would be good to receive runway inforamation earlier than we do now.In UK at least inbound IFR traffic gets told pretty early on,like 150 miles!However,I plan mine from the weather in AS6 and tell ATC the one I want.It always seem to be accepted.

Guest shaheedan

Hi Crispeel,Can u brief a little bit on how you use AS6 in this matter? let say you know which runway is to be used, select a STAR, and finally you have to enter your STAR at 50nm, sure RC ask u to fly back on course, and u can't request fly "direct to" in RC option unless u include this STAR in your RC flight plan, also unrealistic.RegardsShaheedan

Hi ShaheedanI get the weather from AS6 say about 100/150 miles out.I then plan for a suitable runway having regard to that weather and the route I am approaching from.I have charts for most airports I use so I pick a suitable approach.Sometimes the approach will be in the FMC of the aircraft.If it is I modify it to coincide with the flight plan RC4 is expecting of me.If it is not in the FMC I insert it, again having regard to RC4 which will not hand me over to Approach until 40 miles out.Unlike FS9 ATC,RC4 will let you whatever runway you select.Once at 40 miles and handed over to Approach they will not speak to you again until about 5 miles out.You must fly your flight plan until 40 miles or "they" will get upset!I suppose the important thing is to file your flight plans with this in mind.If you are flying your own approach and not taking vectors then after 40 miles out you can do what you want.Does this answer your question?

Guest shaheedan

Hi Crispeel,That mean, if your first STAR point at 55nm away and second point 45 degree left, in this situation RC haven't give u the option to contact approach so u just ignore the first STAR point or even second point and follow your RC flight plan ? suddenly u contact approach then get option ILS approach and jump to the nearest STAR point ?Much better if RC allows us to contact approach within 60nm and another option to "contact tower" within 10nm on the final.RegardsShaheedan

Hi againI try to devise the flight plans so that my last heading towards the destination is going to take me to the start of the STAR if possible.This way RC4 will not ask me to deviate.STARS vary and some can start at 100 miles out it seems.It is a compromise sometimes but a lot of approaches at large airports are vectored anyway so the STARS are not used.Coming into EGCC from the south for instance,the aircraft are usually on a heading from 100 miles out and then given clearance to the final fix prior to vectors.I guess it might be better to do as you suggest and no doubt the team will have taken in what you've been saying

In the US and even outside the US STARS for the initial waypoints as stated depend on arrival direction and in some areas break out in the last 30 - 40 nm based on the specific runway. I always include the STAR common points in the plan and then let RC vector me or fly an IAP to the specific approach to the active runway (with FMC RNAV or GPS guidance, or just using VOR even with a chart in front of me) for the rest of the arrival as the previous reply suggests.I think including the initial points will cover your transitions universally.