Sign in to follow this  
Dale_Reitz

Interesting Flight to Vegas

Hi Everyone,I just had an interesting event going in to Vegas, the winds were reported at KLAS 101656Z 04010G18KT 10SM CLR 26/M06 A3009, Radar Contact4 gave me runway 25L for landing, during approach, I heard RC4 give a Suncountry flight approach vectors for 7L, low and behold during my final approach tower cleared me to land on 25L, in the attached picture you can clearly see my approach with head on traffic inbound for 7 Left and Right.Any ideas of what went wrong?Thanks,Dale Reitz

one of two things happenedwhen i decided on the runway, all the ai were landing 25L, so that is what i gave you.then, ms decided to land some planes on 7L.......without a log, i can only guess, but that is what sometimes happensjd

When I've noticed a conflict between what approach initially gives me for a runway and the theobvious wind direction I immediately request the more appropriate runway. Seems to work as RC will divert any AI in my way. Mike