Sign in to follow this  
Guest charlds

Red fonts

Guest charlds

Hi, I've just installed RC 4.0 and then updated to 4.01, I set a flight, started and set RC and when went back to FS the ADV display shows the fonts in red and the options don

Are you using AdvDisp, or the new FSUIPC Display window available with FSUIPC 3.60?If you are using the FSUIPC window the default font color is red. It can be changed to white by editing the FSUIPC.ini file. Change the line "WhiteMessages=no" to "WhiteMessages=yes" (no quote marks). Red or white are the only choices at present.If you are using AdvDisp, I don't know what the problme might be.I suggest changing to the FSUIPC display window in any event. It is much easier, smoother, etc., to use. To do that, install FSUIPC.dll version 3.601 into your FS9 modules folder and delete AdvDisp from your modules folder. Start FS9, start RC4, and there it is!

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Guest rcb1963

I have a question about this. I'm running FSUIPC 3.601. My fsuipc.ini file doesent have this line. and when I tried to add it is just made the message window blank. Itwould still respond when I hit the 1 key. Buta blank display.

Regarding the FSUIPC.ini file, here are the first few lines of mine. Note the "whitemessages" line.(General) //but with square bracketsHistory=123456 //ignore this oneWindSmoothing=NoAutoTaxiWind=NoPropTaxiWind=NoTimeSetMode=PartialWhiteMessages=YesThrottleSyncAll=NoGraduatedVisibility=NoLowerVisAltitude=0UpperVisAltitude=25000UpperVisibility=10000Do you have the multiline display item checked in the FSUIPC "about and register" tab that you access through FS9?Also, you can delete the FSUIPC.ini file and a new one will be built when you start FS9. You will have to reselect your preferences, however.

Guest rcb1963

Thanks for the reply. I did what you said. I deleted the ini file and let it create a new one. This is what I have:[General]History=12345678TCASid=FlightTCASrange=40TrafficScanPerFrame=10AxisCalibration=NoCentredDialogue=YesShowMultilineWindow=YesSuppressSingleline=NoSuppressMultilineFS=NoClearWeatherDynamics=YesOwnWeatherChanges=NoWeatherReadInterval=4MoveBGLvariables=YesTimeForSelect=4WeatherReadsFast=NoMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...Notice the "WhiteMessages=Yes" isnt here. Does this only work with a registered copy? It's not a big deal to me. But it drives me nuts that mine is different. Thanks Rich

My copy is registered. There are some features that are only available to registered copies. Check with Pete Dowson's website and forum to see if that could be the reason. Looking over some messages to Pete, it might be that "WhiteMessages" is a registered option. Link:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html