Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

fsuipc

what is really really cool about this version of fsuipc, you can dump advdisp, and use the new display functionality of fsuipc. fsuipc redirects the rc menus and dialogs to the window the FS ATC uses. transparent, frame friendly, sizable and moveable. is this available with the unregistered version of fsuipc thanks,jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

sizable and moveableyes, but not dockable - ruins the VC effectback to the old one for me I'm afraid.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

>sizable and moveable>>>yes, but not dockable - ruins the VC effect>>back to the old one for me I'm afraid.It is dockable, I hide/unhide it fine in VC modeGraham

hmmmmm...I have just reviewed the documentation on this twice and was unable to find reference to this ability - do you have a manual page number by chance?

Guest cirurgiao

Maybe you can help me.I got this new fsuipc v3.60 (I'd dumped advdisplay.dll before with fsuipc v3.553 - and it really worked better but like advdisp window) and hoped to obtain what JD wrote in this forum, about being like FS ATC, which in my case were those white lines with options in numbers 1...What I have is the same advdisp window but as fsuipc (top) which is moveable, "dockable" but nothing like FS ATC window. I even checked to see if there where an advdisp.dll in FS9 modules folder but there wasn't.Obviouslly I'm doing something wrong...Eduardo

Same keystroke definition as hiding the adv window.The docs say somewhere that the new window will doc on a saved flight somehow. Read the new docs downloaded with 3.601 (actually get the docs from the latest on Pete's site or from the download of 3.60.Info is also in the release notes.

Guest jboweruk

Having just ordered RC4 that's terrific news, the ADVDISP window was rather a misgiving for me but if now it's gonna be more like the standard window then that's great for me. Do you know if it can be changed to open/close with the standard FSATC keystroke?

you can set a key, like i do, that opens and closes the window.i use the ` key :-)jd

Guest jboweruk

Thanks JD, appreciated. I look forward to learning a new set of rules and regs. :)

Guest Captain Dad

I prefer the Adventure Display window.Down and out of the way. I always had a hard time reading the MS ATC Pop-Up.

Guest cirurgiao

Thanks JD.Now I REALLY got it.Eduardo

I understand that 'dockable' implies what the old ADVDISPLAY window did, and that was attach itself to a displayed panel. The ability to toggle the display has always been with us, and continues. However, you describe the docking function as simply remembering where on the screen it was located when the flight is save. What I am describing is quite different.

Guest jboweruk

I'm still ploughing through the manual. So lucky it's got to come from USA I guess. Even now I only half understand it all.Question though, what's the best flght planner to use please? Is there one that works outside of FS and gets me a WX report so I can work out my Alternates?