Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

fsuipc

Guest cirurgiao

Don't know of any flightplanner that allows you to get a wx report. It'd be very nice to do this.I have Active Sky v6 which allows you to get a wx report without running FS9 and allows you to plan any flight, knowing from where the wind blows and which runway would be best.Hope it helps you.Eduardo

Guest jboweruk

Activesky is great, I do have it. And yes I agree, I can get the wx from that. But does say FSBuild work outside FS? If so then I'd use that.Incidentally, I saw a screenie on one of the other avsim forums showing the planner in FSX, it does show the weather at the various waypoints, cool.

Guest cirurgiao

Wouldn't know since I use FSNav4.70You're right. It would be terrific if FSBuild or FSNav worked outside FS9Eduardo

Guest jboweruk

Read somewhere FSBuild does work outside. Could be useful to know for when I get RC.

Guest jboweruk

>you can set a key, like i do, that opens and closes the>window.>>i use the ` key :-)>>jdSorry I just cannot find where to change that. Or how to free up my number keys. I'm not too bothered about the window really I suppose but would like to free up my numbers to FSPax to alter headings, speeds etc.

FS Build works outside of FS9. You can prepare a flight plan without FS running. If you have one of the Active Sky versions (later ones)running with weather loaded FSD version 2.2x will incorporate winds aloft at your chosen cruise altitude into your fuel planning by calculating estimated ground speed and using the aircraft performance profiles that come with FSB or one you modify.

Guest jboweruk

Many thanks, I'm still toying with it, though according to some of what I read it doesn't handle small fields at all, so Emma would not be plannable in it. However it might at least allow me to set up everything before going into FS so that once I launch it I just load a plan, load my plane and fly. With only one quick skip out to input the number of souls on board for RC.