Sign in to follow this  
Guest abulaafia

More local voices needed

Hi Bruce,If you've used the default ATC a lot then you will probably become accustomed to its fluid speech even if the instructions were less than realistic.Believe me, you'll soon grow used to the voices in RC4 and the realistic procedures will make for a far more enjoyable flight.As JD has said... keep the sliders to the left unless you find that words are blurring into one another especially long flight numbers.It's not that you're flogging a dead horse but there's no obvious way for us to make the speech as fluid as Microsoft have done. We rely on good folk recording sets to the best of their ability and for no payment.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

OK I became confused about what was meant by default. I interpreted it as being equivalent to 4.0 and that moving sliders to the right made them more realistic. I am away from home at the moment but I will try again with sliders full left. Thank you for the clarification.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

absolutely not. full right makes it awful. full left is where they should be.if you hover over the control, it tells you about the position. the updated manual also describes in detail what the new sliders do, and where they should be positioned.if anyone has there sliders to the far right, and don't like the affect, move them to the left please.in simple terms, for every notch to the right, i add .05 seconds of dead air between each word and phrase. which makes the speech slower. plus if you have the sliders all the way to the right, i am reading/writing 5 files for every word and phrase, making stutters inevitable.jd