Sign in to follow this  
Guest jboweruk

A question about speed

Guest jboweruk

I understand from the manual that the CP won't control speed, but what happens if I have a plane with an IAS/Mach hold function, and change the speed in the A/T setting, will the CP automatically hand the plane back over to me? Or will he/she still continue to fly it?And one more question if I may, as I don't yet have the program:If I receive an emergency that's not covered, what happens then? Ie an engine fire or depressurisation, or my gear is jammed?

Guest Douglas Thompson

John,1 - The CP will keep the plane. You (indepentent of the CP) control the IAS and/or M#, the VAS and gear.2 - The E recording descriptives are just that... recordings only. Choose from the list what's most appropriate. They're all handled the same.

Guest jboweruk

Many thanks, that's appreciated. And although it must seem like I'm asking a lot of questions another is:In the manual it also states that to get ATIS you have to leave frequency, why can't I simply change Com2 for my ATIS?

Guest Douglas Thompson

I don't know, you probably can if you know the local freq to tune. Never tried it.

Guest jboweruk

Many thanks Doug. I'm trying to find out as much as I can before it arrives so that when it does I can fly it out of the box. (notwithstanding the key thing of course.)