Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTEK99

How does RC4 "let go" of FS9?

Guest JTEK99

Greets.As I've said before, outstanding product. However, as with all complex addons, sometimes something goes awry and the simmer must deal with it.I fly with RC4 all the time and put significant flying hours into the sim with it. Once in a great while, I have to close RC4 for one reason or another; for instance, yesterday, the Co-Pilot and controller got in a "loop" of communication over being "off course" and I couldn't get control of communications in order to do a "Dir Wpt" command. This might have been due to the system I run RC4 on via WideFS; it's an older machine and -- when running ActiveSky6, FS Flight Keeper, WinAmp for live chatter and RC4, something's gotta give! The loop might have occurred since the older machine couldn't get the keystrokes I was sending it.Anyway.. down to my question....In the situation above, I finally just quit RC4. I was on a 4 hour flight through the South China Sea heading towards Singapore. After I closed RC4, I ended up not having the ability to use FS9's built-in ATC. This confused me since -- sometimes -- I'm able to use it after closing RC4 (e.g., after landing and hearing the flight critique, I usually use ATC for taxiing to the gates/parking). This time, no go.Thus, I was wondering... is there anyway to force FS9 into recognizing that RC4 is no longer accepting keystrokes so that -- should the situation arise -- one can use the default ATC? If there's any way that someone knows of, that would be great.And before anyone tells me that I could simply have reloaded an earlier save in RC4, I couldn't. I use FSPassengers and FS Flight Keeper, both which do NOT allow you to reload your flight situation. :(Any info on the above would be greatly welcomed!Thanks again for reading.

a possible solution, run with autosave, this will save a .flt, .wx and .rcd every n minutes (you get to choose n)then if something like that happens, you can load the last .rcd and pick up where you left offyou can also pick different keystrokes for rc, ctrl-shift-1 maybe.unfortunately, if rc is quit like you quit, i don't know how to release what rc set at the beginning.also, if you find yourself in that situation, try hitting ctrl-shift-; and save the .rcdjd

Guest JTEK99

John:Thanks for the prompt response. However, as I had mentioned, it's impossible for me to *reload* an RCD file simply because the rest of my addons (FSPassengers and FSFlightKeeper) won't allow me to resume a situation mid-flight.I had thought that -- perhaps -- once RC4 was closed, then it was no longer blocking keystrokes so that the Default ATC could be used. Guess that's wrong. i can bring up ATC, turn on its sound and hear it, but I can't press #1, #2, #3, etc. to function with it.Bummer.

in that case, give rc a different set of keys, that don't conflict with the rest of the add-onsjd

Hi Guys,If it's any help I use a registered copy of Pete Dowsons FSUIPC and set the key assignments for the default FS2004 ATC to Ctrl+Shift+1, Ctrl+Shift+2, Cltl+Shift+3 etc.This way you can have RC4 and FS2004 ATC working at the same time. Now you wouldn't want this for the majority of the flight however its good to use default FS2004 ATC for initial taxi out and then after landing to receive taxi instructions to the gate. You then don't have to shut down RC4 to do it.I use PMDG Addons and find toggling between com1 and com2 can achieve this double function of ATC.RegardsIan

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, IanYou did the best way: keeping RC with its original #1,2,3...keys and changing FS9 ATC's, but how you change it? How do you assign ctrl+shift+1 and ... to default FS9's ATC?ThanksEduardo

Guest johng

Hi. The FSUIPC key assignment menu seems to have 2 entries for each "ATC Menu" item. Which of these do I use? Referring to the post above this a step by step instruction would be beaut!regards John

Hi Guys,Okay - The first step to this as I mentioned before is that you must have a registered version of FSUIPC to do this.With FS running go to 'Modules' and select 'FSUIPC'Goto the 'Key Presses' Tab and press 'Set' then press the key you want to assign i.e. Ctrl+1 (I have now assigned them Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3 etc and not as I told you before Ctrl+Shift+1 etc as I think this will be easier).Then click on the arrow under 'Control sent when keys pressed' and select 'ATC menu 1' (as John points out above there are 2 entries for these and I don't quite know why). I select the first however I think they probably both work.Then continue until all ATC keys are programmed i.e. 1 to 9 and 0 if required (I find in practice I only use the first 4 or 5).Then press 'OK' to close FSUIPC and it should be done (I can't remember if it works straight away or if you have to reload FS for changes to take effect).RegardsIan

Ian Friend

MOBO: Asus P8P67-LE P67 (B3) | CPU: Intel i5 2500K O/C 4.5Ghz | Corsair Hydro H100i CPU Cooler | RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB 1600 MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 | HDD1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | HDD2: WD6400AAKS 640GB | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Guest johng

Thanks Ian, I'll follow your instructions to the letter.John

Guest cirurgiao

Thanks, IanWill follow your instructions and give feedbackEduardo

Guest cirurgiao

Since you can change ATC keys to Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2... with RC free with its key 1,2... what do you do to avoid ATC messages to be heard while running RC?ThanksEduardo

Guest johng

>Thanks Ian, I'll follow your instructions to the letter.>>John Works perfectly! I too turn off ATC sound if I don't want to hear it.