Sign in to follow this  
Guest Coxy64

New User Problems

Guest Coxy64

Hi EverybodyI am new to Radar Contact.First impressions are wow!!!, what a relief to get away from the Default ATC in FS9(FS2004)However I am experiencing some problems installing the 4.01 Update and wondered if anyone could help me ?After installing the RC4 Disc to the default directory in C:/ Program Files I get a folder in the Start Menu containing a Launch Radar Contact 4 Icon, and everything runs fine.However when I install the 4.01 Update it adds a Radar Contact 4.01 Icon to that same Start Menu Folder containing the Radar Contact 4 Icon.Is this OK so far ?Now when I start FS9 and Radar Contact 4.01 and press any key to either get Weather or Clearance the reply seems to take forever to come back, however if I minimize FS9(which is running in full screen mode) to the taskbar then the reply seems to start straight away, the moment it is minimized.As I have pointed out earlier this only happens when installing and running version 4.01!So for now after doing 2 full installs and uninstalls I am running version 4 unless anyone can help with this !MY SYSTEMAMD Athlon 64 3700 ProcessorGeforce 6200SE Graphics Card2GB RAMFS9Registered Version of FSUIPC V3.601FS9 Online Weather UpdatesThanking you all for your help in advance.Sorry if this has already been explained before.Gary UK

Hi,I had the same problem with the long delays after a keystroke with ver. 4.01. Ver 4.0 worked fine. I deleted and reinstalled both several time but to no avail.Finally, after upgrading to the new FSUIPC (ver 3.60) and doing away with the ADVDISP, ver 4.01 works fine now with no delays.I too still show RC4 and RC4.01 on my start menu. I don't guess this is a problem.Hope this helps. Don't know if you are still using ADVSISP or not.Jim

Guest Coxy64

Hi JimThanks for your reply have tried what you suggested still the same problem back to version 4.00 again.Gary............

what other addons are you running? have you set fs9 or has one of your addons changed the processing priority of fs9?jd

Guest Coxy64

Hi JDI have not changed any processing priorities that I'm aware of in FS9 and to be honest I wouldn't know how to go about it.The addons I use are just the online Weather updates ,EZ-LANDMARK and FSUIPC 3.601.As already stated the problems only happen when the 4.01 update is installed. Version 4.0 all works OK.It's a shame because I like the idea of the flags in Version 4.01 as most of my flying is in Europe, so I can remove the USA ATC.Gary...............