Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

Holding short of runways

I have a problem with one or two of my add-on airports. Specifically, Gary Summons' Heathrow Pro.As the scenery is modelled on Heathrow itself, some of the hold short points are a bit further back from where they normally are at default airfields. Sometimes I have a problem with RC not being able to see me holding short, unless I go through the hold point and approach the runway.The AFCAD looks to have the hold points in the right place, and the AI aircraft can function from it fine (although I understand that on the ground you just mimick the commands that the default MS ATC is giving.)Any hints?

did you rebuild the scenery db in RC?i seem to remember something with gary's scenery, which john burgess has investigated. have you searched the forum for summons?jd

I'm sure that was a different issue we looked into before. I wasn't aware of a problem with Heathrow pro.Phil, does this happen when you are holding short at the end of the runway (the runway thresholds) or are you trying to access the runway part way along?All the best,John

in that case, phillaunch rcv4click debugload the .plnclick start rcv4duplicate the problemzip up the .log and send it to jd@jdtllc.com, include a description of the problem (it would help if you told me the offending ai). i'll take a look at itjd

It's an intersection. It happens at either end of 09R/27L.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/149741.jpgI've noticed that the AI hold short halfway over the line. I've noticed that when I have AFCAD running with FS running, the red cross seems to be placed over the center of my aircraft, and not the nose wheel. Could it be that I need to go over the line so the red cross is over the hold short node in AFCAD? Maybe I should try placing the nodes further back.How does RC determine when you're close enough to the runway? Is it based on the hold short points in the AFCAD file, or is it based on actual distance from the runway centerline?

as informationif you rebuild the scenery db in rc, makerwys gives me the endpoints of the runway. i know the width of the runway, so i determine how far you are from the centerline.so i consider you on the runway if you are less than the runway width divided 2 plus or minus 25 feet.now i don't know if this applies to you.to be surelaunch rcv4click debugload the .plnclick start rctaxi to the holding point, and sit there, and duplicate the problem where you are being ignored by rc, (not thinking you are at the hold short line)sit there for about 2 minutesthen inch forward until i see you holding shortthen zip up the .log file and send it to me, with an explanation of what you see going on.thanksjd