Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

Go Around

Had my first commanded 'go around' yesterday with RC. I was at about 500 ft going into Richmond, VA in the Coolsky MD80 when I got the command. Not sure why it happened as there was no other traffic at the time. Anyway, it taught me another lesson: make sure you have plenty of fuel as I had to do an "in flight refueling" ;-) in order to complete the flight. RC's flight critique said I did an excellent job, but still a mystery why I had the go around. Mike

have you rebuild the scenery db in rc? it's possible planes were holding short on your scenery, but with the default coordinates, they might have looked like they were on the runway.just guessing.a .log would tell me why for sure.jd

Any chance that you forgot to drop the gear?--Tom________http://mysite.verizon.net/tjrush/tjrcaasig.jpgWhen once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been and there you will always long to return. --- Leonardo da Vinci

Tom

excellent question. did you hear a smart a$$ comment from the tower controller about liking his steak medium rare?jd

Nope on both questions: data base was rebuilt just before this flight and the gear was down; it was the first thing I reached for as I started to climb out. The controller did say something preceding the go around command but I didn't catch it. It was a bit mumbled, but the "continental 1476 go around" certainly got my attention. Mike