Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Strange AI Chatter

Ok a further test. I parked my Virgin Blue 737 close to the REX ramp at Sydney international. Loaded RC and waited. After about five minutes "Regional Europe" asked for startup clearance and the Regional Express (REX) Saab 340b you can see in the screenshot duly sprung into life and pushed back onto the tarmac. I have also downloaded a fresh c4.csv but this makes no difference the error persists.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

There is a Regional Europe call that is legitimate that is in the RC table C4 of .wav listings. The AI look table picture you provided returns the truncated Regional E in slot 2 so that is what RC matched unless the full call is actually returned.In the real ICAO tables I could not find a radio call sign for "RXA" in several I looked up - the field was blank possibly because it is not considered international. If you know the AI or flyable aircraft in the flightplan that is landing, look in the aircraft.cfg for that paint under (fltsim.x)at the line such as atc_airline=AIR FRANCE and see what's in there for RXA. An entry in C4 and an airline name .wav file would have to be created I believe.I am running Ultimate Traffic and at least under the name Australian Regional Express there is nothing in its AI schedule.The airraft may be a Saab 340 (in FS AI) which is one of their aircraft flown real-world at least a couple of years ago. It was written up in Computer Pilot in a two part article on airline operations around Feb 02 or Feb 03. It got me started on wanting a model of one to fly which I found. It is used here in Minneapolis by Northwest Airlink (Mesaba) at least for a little while longer.If not listed in the ICAO tables with a radio call sign it probably didn't make it to the .wav recording schedule.You can request for future recordings but the "Regional E" if that is all returned by FSUIPC conflict will have to be resolved.

Hey JD:Although the post times are different it seems we were both responding at the same time. :)Anyway, our answers were similar, didn't mean to step on your reply.

See my reply further down.Where'd that AI come from, Bruce. I do not have an S340 with that paint nor does it appear in my Ultimate Traffic as Australian Regional. I'd like to add it.

Thanks, I appreciate the difficulties but unfortunately this one is too glaring to ignore if you fly in OZ. I'm not sure what the ATC call sign is for Regional Express, probably Regional but it may be Regional Express or just Rex. Editing the c4.csv file seems the best option.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

As I said in the other post this problem is too glaring to ignore if you fly in OZ. Regional Express or REX as it is more commonly known here is the largest regional carrier in Australia and has a lot of traffic across all of SE Australia so its call sign or the one RC incorrectly gives it comes up very frequently. Something to be dealt with one way or another. If it can't be easily fixed then I will not use AI chatter when I fly in OZ because hearing Regional Europe all the time gets to you after a while. Sorry.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

No wait, don't panic and turn off AI chatter ;o) The RC team is here help with problems just as this :()Firstly, REX until early '04 was using regos as their callsign. That was also around the time we were planning which callsign wavs are to be recorded etc in RC. Since then, they are now using "REX" as their callsign.In RC, the closest thing we could find without recording a new wav was to use the callsign of a freight company in USA, called Ram Air Freight, "RAM EXPRESS". So RC has been set to use that callsign.If you prefer the REX planes to use RAM EXPRESS instead of REGIONAL EUROPE, go to the S340's aircraft.cfg file and find the REX entry. The atc_airline= line in your file saysatc_airline=Regional Europe (or similar)change that line toatc_airline=REXNow in FS, those REX S340s will be called RAM EXPRESS (which is better than REGIONAL EUROPE) :()At sometime in the future, when we record a dedicated "REX" wav, your AI will start to be called REX automatically.Hope this helps, and hopfully hearing RAM EXPRESS from now on will be more easy on your ears :())Subs

Not a cure but a comment:I got confused because the ICAO/IATA database I searched actually returned two registered similar Australian airlines:For ICAO it shows RXA, Regional Express 2, Australia Wide Airlines Ltd. d/b/a Regional Express 2.For IATA it shows ZL, Prefix code 899, REX Regional Express, Regional Express Pty LimitedAre these two seperate airlines or just different registered versions over time.As noted in the other post it is difficult to keep up with rapid changes.

Australia wide airlines is Regional Express (REX). REX has been around for about four years now and seems to be making a go of it in the regional airline business after Hazleton and Kendell folded. REX flies into my home airport of Merimbula (YMER)on the NSW south coast so I kinda have a soft spot for them and hope they can keep this service up as it means we are only an hour flying time away from Sydney and Melbourne in an emergency. Oh by the way I notice that Ansett is still in the c4.csv file - very regretfully that great australian airline went bust about five years ago.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

I think most Australian airlines were using regos until relatively recently. I have a set of live Australian ATC wav files that are about seven years old and regos are certainly used on them. Thanks for the suggestion re RAM Express I will give it a try.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

OK tried your suggestion. What I did was to change "atc_airline=Regional" to "atc_airline=REX" but it doesn't work those REX saab 340s are still called Regional Europe by RC.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

OK I shouldn't have started fiddling with this as I am now getting an error message on loading a flighplan in RCRuntime error 62 - RadarContact.rc4module.get_departure_informationHave re downloaded c4.csv but this made no differnce still get the errorAny clues?Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

so is eastern airlines, piedmont airlines, etc. the c4.csv file is not meant to be the current list of carriers.many people like to fly using the names of now defunct names.if rex is what you want to hear, send an email to doug@jdtllc.com - he keeps the list of things to record for the next releasejd

editting c4.csv file badly is not going to cause an input past end of file error in the get departure informationyou might need to rebuild the rc scenery database. i suspect the error is in the a4, r4 or f4.csv files. did you edit them too?jd

OK, problem solved. I deleted all the files in rc4data then downloaded fresh files and re-built the database.ThanksBruceb

Bruce Bartlett