Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Strange AI Chatter

Guest Douglas Thompson

Someone already did, to be voiced Regional Express Australia (unless I'm told differently).Remember all - Most callsign requests, I copy/paste how they're to be voiced as we here in the States wouldn't know what's correct. We're depending on you for rw.

Look this is getting just a bit more frustrating. (Been away for a while so only now have got back to FS) I didi a search of my aircraft folder and changed the atc_airline= entry in all my REX painted SAAB 340bs to atc_airline=REX but RC still insists on using Regional Europe. If this can't be made to work is there some other way to get rid of the Regional Europe call to something more acceptable without disabling AI chatter all together? As I said Regional Express is a major player in the Australian Aviation scene and operates a lot of flights out Australian airports so this incorrect Regional Europe call comes up every time I start RC.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

launch rcv4click debugload the .plnclick start rcuse flight simulator until you hear an ai called "regional europe"quit rczip up the .log, and send it to me. tell me what wav file you want to be played instead of regional europe.i'll tell you exactly what to do.jd

OK thanks but I think I have fixed this. It turns out that my AI REX aircraft was a PAI one not Ultimate Traffic - it is so long since I last did anything with PAI that I had forgotten about it Anyhow when I moded the PAI AI S340b aircraft.cfg file as recommended I get RAM express RC calls instead of Regional Europe. I did do a search of my aircraft folder looking for files with the text string regional express and only came up with two hits and changing the aircraft.cfg of these didn't fix the problem. But after manualy searching through about 400 or so entries in my aircraft folder I found the PAI saab340b folder with a REX repaint. So thank you for your patience.Oh by the way while going through this exercise I used FSUIPC trafficlook and I noticed that after initially loading RC there is quite a lot of AI traffic movement without any AI Chatter. It seems to take 5 - 10 minutes before the RC AI calls start.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

trafficlook is a great toolyou have to be on the same frequency, as the ai, when they are doing their thing, to hear ai chatter. in other words, if you are on ground frequency, you won't hear any ai getting clearancesif you are on tower frequency, you won't hear any ai getting taxi instructionswhen you are on tower frequency, you will only hear chatter for planes landing and departing the runway you are landing or departing fromjd

Thanks, yes of course I was on ground frequency and all these aircraft were getting there clearances on a the clearance frequency, the penny should have dropped for that one!Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett