Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Add runways at KCLE

I would like to add the missing runways 6L and 24R at KCLE to the Radar Contact database.I need the correct data to enter ;LAT/LON etc.Can anyone tell me where I can get the information?Thanks,Vaughan Martell

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

if those runways are in a scenery .bgl file, then rebuilding the rc database will pick them upjd

Thanks a'lot for the reply so quickly.What program is used to look at the .bgl file?Vaughan

Best Regards,

Guest Segwin

Take a look at AVSIM. They have an updated CLE afcad

Terry,Thanks for the help.I tried changing the runways.csv file using notepad. That went OK.When I then ran makerwys.exe or Radar Contacts scenery update (on its menu screen) the runways.csv just put everything back to the original.The big problem here is ... I do not know what I am doing! You know, that is a terrible feeling.I did a search before I did my original posting here.Originally I thought it would be a simple task to add the missing runways based on the threads I read.When I am at KCLE and go to MSFS map view and zoom in the missing runways are indeed missing. I guess that must be part of the scenery that needs to be fixed.Best regards,Vaughan

Best Regards,

fix the scenery, rebuild the rc scenery database, and enjoy ;-)adding entries in the r4.csv file isn't going to make runways appear in fs9. that would be cool, but beyond my capabilities (as of now :-) )jd

Thanks,jdwrspeckSegwinI got the correct AFCAD2 file downloaded ... fixed the scenery .. rebuilt the rc scenery database ... worked great.The previous threads I looked at were dated 2003 ... just noticed it.Maybe back then this stuff was handled in a slightly different way.I now know a tiny bit about scenery and a lot about not spending hours trying to do a "quick" editing fix!Thanks again for the help, very much appreciated.Best regards,Vaughan Martell

Best Regards,