Sign in to follow this  
Guest bharvey60

FlightSim 2004 crashing at same location in flight.

Guest bharvey60

I've created a flight plan KGAI EMI DQO KPHL. Cessna 172 at 6,000. Flightplan exported from FS Navigator. Radar Contact V4.01. All's fine until I get about 6 miles from EMI on 210 degree radial. At that point, FS 2004 closes completely. No error messages. Radar Contact and ActiveSky 6.0 remain active. I've had this happen twice at aproximately the same point. I know from real-world flying that this is approximately the point where I receive a controller handoff from 128.7 to 125.52. Not sure if that is a factor or not.My computer is a new ABS M6 Viper with... AMD FX-60 dual core, 2 GForce 7900 GTX SLI, 2mb RAM, 2 Western Digital 150 mb, RAID 0.Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

it's almost always two things. a scenery problem or the next center frequency is the same as a previous frequency.fsuipc 3.615 should fix the problem if it is the latterjd

Hi,By chance, are you also using active radar when the crash happens?Vaughan Martell

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest bharvey60

No, I'm not using Active Radar. I did some more testing. It does not appear to be a problem with Radar Contact, as the crash also occurs when RC is not activated. I was able to avoid the crash by disabling Mega Scenery DC, which seems to work fine otherwise.I have both FS Genesis Terrain/Roads and Mega Scenery DC loaded for this area. Has anybody seen simlar issues with these or have any ideas? I know it's an off forum topic, but I'd appreciate any help. EMI is my initial departure point off GAI and having it crash each time is a real bummer...Thanks.Bill

Megascenery has their own web site. http://www.megascenery.com/They have a forum link and a support contact. Perhaps there is a patch in their download section.

Check for duplicate AFCAD files (two third party plus the default) - there is a bug in FS9 where sometimes when there are two AFCADs for one airport, the system crashes. I used to get this and deleting the second AFCAD solved it.Get a free program called scanAFD.exe - it IDs duplicate airports and lets you get rid of the duplicate.Also heard that Editvoicepack can cause problemsAlso, don't turn off the MS Air traffic control - just turn the volume down and/or switch it to COM 2 during flight.Some DLL's can cause crashes - so check your modules folder - remove DLLs you think might be a problem and try again