Sign in to follow this  
Bigmack

PANC Rwy's

I rebuilt the database twice. But RC4 only sees rwy's 7/14 at PANC airport. Both 7L and 7R and the oppisites 25's are not in the rw file.Any suggestions?Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Hi Bill,Default airport or 3rd party addon? If the latter check using AFCAD that there are no problems using the Fault Finder facility. I wonder if the runway end points might be missing?I use the default and have entries for 6L, 6R, 14, 24L, 24R and 32. Sounds like you have a 3rd party addon with a questionable AFCAD.Post it here if the problem remains and we'll take a look.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

What makes it even more confusing, is if you use a product with updated AIRAC, the runways have changed to 7L,7R/25R,25L. I flew out of PANC yesterday and RC cleared me to 6R, but my plates and realworld Airport diagram showed 7R. Too bad FS doesn't provide a way to update AIRAC data like many of the addons.Cheers,Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Hi Kyle,RC reads the data in the relevant BGL to determine runway IDs. If they're right in the scenery package then they'll be right in RC. Magnetic variation changes mean most airports will require runway ID changes over time.If you have AFCAD by Lee Swordy it shouldn't be a difficult task to change the runway IDs. I'm sure other airports will be affected but it's up to 3rd party developers to ensure runways are correctly identified.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

what rc cares about, is the scenery you have. if the runways changed in real life, and are reflected in the airac, and the number on the runway in fs is still the same, what's a person to do.same with vor's. if a vor in real life comes online, and it is now in airac, won't help you much to navigate towards it in fs, because it won't be there.that's why the rebuild scenery db was put into v4, so rc works with your scenery, and ray's scenery and my scenery.jd

That's what I thought, That RC4 reads my afcads. My afcad reads 7 L/Raccording to the latest airdac. Why won't it read my afcad. FS ATC directs traffic to 7R for landing and 7L for TO. RC4 also tell AI AC to goto 7L for Takeoff, but no recognition for either rwy for landing.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

launch rcv4click debugload the .plnclick start rcv4click stop rcv4send me the .log - let me see what i think your runway information isjd

SentBill M

Bill McIntyre

Guest mmcevilley

>What makes it even more confusing, is if you use a product>with updated AIRAC, the runways have changed to 7L,7R/25R,25L.> I flew out of PANC yesterday and RC cleared me to 6R, but my>plates and realworld Airport diagram showed 7R. Relabeling a runway can be problemmatic if it has an ILS associated with it. However, here is a link to a file and instructions for relabeling PANC runways to match their real-world designations.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...misc&DLID=78741-michael

I've been fixing RWYs and Approaches manually on one by one basis as I fly into and out of various aiports. I was just wishing that FS had an import from AIRAC like other products. Maybe in FS10? Thanks for all the help. Loving RC4!Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Thanks for the replyHowever that's the instructions I used to change rwy's from 6/R/L to 7 L/R.Everything works fine except RC4 don't recognized it. Is there a manual entry I can make to solve this issue?Bill M

Bill McIntyre

can you see the runways, in fs9? if so, then they are in the scenery file. if they are in the scenery files, then makerwys (which is what is run when you click update scenery database) should see them. if makerwys see's them, rc will see them.let's get the scenery problem fixed, and then everything else works.the log you sent me only had two runways for panc, which tells me the problem is in the scenery.jd

Make sure using AFCAD that there is only one additional one besides the default (stock).If you wish when the database update utility runs makerunways.exe it creates a log file of what it did in the FS9 folder called runways.txt which you read with notepad or wordpad. Search for the ICAO code for the airport in question. You should see an entry group regarding the default and further down the file another entry group deleting the default group being replaced by the AFCAD file reading group. Check the later ones to see if the AFCAD was read creating new entries for the runways database. If there again after the second group of entries yet another group then you may have yet another scenery or ADFCAD conflicting. Make sure using the find/find next of the word processor that you have searched the entire runways.txt file in case their are too many groups.The database update utility is a batch file that runs makerunways.exe in the FS folder and then copies the created files to the RC folder. Check the file date in the RC folder to insure that creation date matches the newly created one in the FS folder. Those files are in FS9's folder as r4.csv and runways.csv and are copied as r4.csv and a4.csv (runways.csv is renamed a4.csv) in the RC folder.Dates should be the same for each.

Guest mmcevilley

>Thanks for the reply>>However that's the instructions I used to change rwy's from>6/R/L to >7 L/R.>Everything works fine except RC4 don't recognized it. Is there>a manual entry I can make to solve this issue?When you say everything works fine, do you mean that FS ATC properly voices the runways as 7L/25R and 7R/25L, AND, AI properly takoff and land on both runways?-michael

Yes I see the rwy's. FS ATC also see the rwy's. FS ATC direct traffic to 7L for TO. It calls out the names properly. The PANC Afcad is in my addon sceneryscenery folder. RC4 tells AI direct AI to rwy 7 for TO. Again RC don't see it in the database. Maybe I'll try the original afcad with 6LR rwy's.Bill M

Bill McIntyre