Sign in to follow this  
Breeze

Reinstall which machine?

I need to reinstall RCv4 and was wondering whether I would get the best results installing it on my new FS machine with a AMD dual core processor with 2MB RAM or install it on my old P4 1.7GHz laptop with 512MB RAM running WideFS?I ideally I could try it on both and see which one gives the best FS performance but I would have to send for two new keys and I'm trying to avoid that. I don't know if requesting multiple keys a problem or not.Can someone suggest to me on which machine I would likely get the best results? Any input would be most appreciated.Thank you.Ken

--- Jim  ---

Hi Ken,The P4 will probably give you better performance for RC4. Not running any other programs on your FS machine will also help performance there. Request another key - it's not a problem if you change your mind.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray. I am going to do as you suggest and install RC4 on the WideFS laptop. It will be running there along with ActiveSky.If it doesn't work out then hopefully I can get another key for my main FS machine. Your help is most appreciated.Ken

--- Jim  ---

they keys won't be a problem. i think people with two machines, and some network aptitude will get the best performance with a widefs setupkeep in mind, the sound from rc is going to come from your laptop. if you want it to come out of the fs machine, get a little male-male plug, and plug it into the laptop's audio out, and plug it into the fs machine's audio in. then the sound will travel via the wire, to your fs machinejd

Thank you very much JD for that tip about the RC sound, I hadn't considered that. I'll give it a go.Ken

--- Jim  ---

Hi Ken,I don't think you'll have any problems at all even with AS running and once you hook up your speakers you'll even be able to hear the instructions! :-waveCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

How long does it take to get a new key? I don't seem to be getting any response to my e-mails.Thanks,Ken

--- Jim  ---

Hi Ken,Rick's usually pretty quick with these. I'll send a message to his PB.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Got it! Thanks a lot for your help Ray.Regards,Ken

--- Jim  ---