Sign in to follow this  
bojote

No audible instructions, yet I'm asked to confirm?

I'm running RC4.1 on a second computer connected via WIDEFS. So far it works fine, however sometimes I see in the menu the option to acknoledge an instruction, however there was no audible instruction. Only if I ask the controller to repeat I'll get the instruction and will be able to hear it. I 'think' but I'm still testing, that the power saving feature on my laptop could be interfering. If not this, then I have a problem :(

is this the new build i sent out to the volunteers over the weekend?jd

hmmmm.launch rcv4click debugload your .plnclick start rcclick stop rcsend me the .log, with a description of the problem (jd@jdtllc.com)jd

Guest Alfagrodd

HiI`m also running RC4.01 on a second computer via WideFS and I have exactly the same problem. Some flights works without a problem but on others I have this problem with no audible instructions.Niclas

Well, to start and make troubleshooting this problem easier I disabled every power saving option on my laptop. I did another short flight yesterday and everthing worked fine. However, as you say maybe this is a 'sometimes it happens' problem with no way of replicating it. JD, I'll do as you say and send you the log on a flight where I experience the problem.

Question:The ATC audio is produced on the Second computer? or you have a cable (audio out) that goes into the computer running flightsim audio in to listen to everything on the same PC?

Hi,Do you have ASV running on the WIDEFS PC as well?As I had exactly the same problem, so I have moved ASV to a third PC and so far I have not experienced it since.My WIDEFS laptop is not a particularly powerful one, and it appears that when ASV was processing the weather the processor got bogged down and could not process the voice from RC4 as well as the weather at the same time.Hope this helps CheersKeith

Yes, I do. And my second computer it's also a bit slow. Ok, sounds like I will play with the priority settings.Maybe RC doesn't like to share CPU cycles with other software which might be CPU intensive and when playing a wav and if the CPU is at 100% it might timeout or something. JD, have you programmed any kind of timeouts for playing wavs, for example.. if a wav is not found, what is the timeout? maybe RC its confusing a not found file with a slow computer trying to fetch the file when other CPU bound processes are running.

Hello,I've similar problems MSFS running on the desktop 'main' computer: Laptop (powersave settings disabled) with RC 4.1 and ASV connected with wideFS. Mostly it works fine. But until now I found 'at random' missing instructions (in the flight critique the controller told me to listen better... PFF). I'll try to use only RC 4.1 on the laptop (without ASV).Herman

HelloI run only WideFS and RC on my second system but I, too, occasionally experience this problem.Fred

>Hello>>I run only WideFS and RC on my second system but I, too,>occasionally experience this problem.>>FredLast night I did 3 short flights. Everything perfect, not a single instruction lost. However, I made a little mistake.. I changed everything in my laptop in desperation so I don't know what did the trick.. updated sound drivers, changed DirectX sound acceleration to standard, changed process priority to high and 'minimized' all apps when running in the second laptop except the WideFS window.My bet is that the high priority setting did the trick.... Now I can say, RC really rocks.

change directx back - let's see if it was thatchange process priority - that's not a good ideasee if it was just a sound driver...jd

Will do.I plan a short hop after dinner... on my way to publix ;)

Changed priority level, started a flight and the problem happened again, so I can confirm it is related to this. My guess is that it happens when the CPU is full doing some other stuff and RC timesout thinking the wav file was not found. In high priority it simply works :)JD, is there a timeout programmed into RC for reading wav files? how does it work? what happens if RC tries to play a file and it takes it 3-4 seconds to get that wav to play?