Sign in to follow this  
bojote

No audible instructions, yet I'm asked to confirm?

no time outs. if i look at the logs, the wav files are read, weaved together, and played.jd

Guest jps611

>Changed priority level, started a flight and the problem>happened again, so I can confirm it is related to this. My>guess is that it happens when the CPU is full doing some other>stuff and RC timesout thinking the wav file was not found. In>high priority it simply works :)>>JD, is there a timeout programmed into RC for reading wav>files? how does it work? what happens if RC tries to play a>file and it takes it 3-4 seconds to get that wav to play?I too have had this same problem occur. I will hear RC say something like "I say again, fly heading 250", I never heard the instruction the first time. This type of thing has happened more times than I can remember. Just one of many strange things that happen with RC, I guess.

i'm not trying to say it isn't rc, but i don't think it is. i would never have released it, if one beta tester had reported it. and i can probably count on one hand, the number of people that have said it was happening.but it seems that some tweaking on some machines are necessary to make rc sounds work.all i can do is tell the computer to play a wav. if something happens that prevents it from coming out of the speakers, it's a mystery to me.check another thread here, where someone changed a couple of things, and the problem went awayjd

I too run RCv4 via WideFS and was experiencing this problem every once in a great while. One thing I did that may have helped was disable my Antivrus before firing up my Wideclient & apps. My theory was that it inteferes (takes too long to scan) the wav files when they're called upon by RC. See if it makes any differnce in your case. The only skipped wav's i still encounter is when the pilot's voice is reading-back to clearance delivery, it'll sometime skip directly to CD responding, "readback correct." Also, trying turning off "cannded chatter" and see if that makes a difference, which is what I'm going to try next.AL | KCHS - Charleston AFB/Intl | Home of the USAF 437AW (~53 C-17's)-------------------------------------------------------------Game Rig:AMD64-4000+ SanDiego OC=220/440/2640 | Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe | Corsair TwinX2048-3200C2PT (2x1GB) 2.5-3-3-8/1T@2.8v | Evga NV 7900GT v84.56 (No OC yet)| Thermalright XP-120(mm) HSF | NV LAN@1GB | NV (SATA-I spec) Raid-0 223GB (3x80GB Samsung) (WinXP/Games) | NV (SATA-II spec) WD 320GB (Backups) | IDE-0 80GB Samsung (Archive) | Realtek AC'97 5.1 Surround | CH Yoke, TQ, & Pedals | FS9.1 | WideFS Server | FSUIPC v3.6 | FSGenesis Mesh (All) | PMDG (All) | PAI (All) | FSBuild2 | Etc...FS9 Support Rig:AMD3200+ | Gigabyte GA-7NNXP | Leadtek NV 5900 | Corsair TwinX1024-3200 (2x512MB) | Intel LAN@1GB | SiI3112 SATA-I 80GB Samsung | IDE-0 80GB IBM | JustCom 4port KVM | FS Wide Client | ActiveSky v6 | Radar Contact v4 | FS Real Time | FS Flight Keeper | FS Commander | AI Smooth

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

This thread appears to have gone to sleep. Has everyone solved this issue? If so, what did the trick?Fred

I still don't know how to solve this. Tried other network connections, disabling antivirus, but still 1 out of 10 there's a silent controller (on approach mostly). It might be my computer(s) and not RC. STill it's a pity.Herman

I solved it by changing the priority of the process to high. However, I can do it without impacting or messing up FS2004 because I run RC4 from a second computer via WideFS, if you change the process priority for RC4 and it runs on the same computer FS2004 is running you may experience problems.

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

In case it helps to see how widespread or consistent this is, I have this problem running RC on a separate notebook via Wide FS. Not consistent. Just once in a while. Usually it is Center.

Hi FolksIs there any more progress on this issue? Are there more solutions which we haven't been told about?Fred

if you are referring to the missed readbacks, after the build to fix the stutters, yes. an email went out to the google group asking for volunteers to test a new build. that build seems to fix that problem. i'm finalizing the v4.2 for release.did you not get the google group email?jd

>did you not get the google group email?JDI'm not signed up for that - I just monitor this forumFred

probably should contact rick, and get subscribed to the google group. that's where i look for volunteers first.jd