Sign in to follow this  
Guest luckyt21

GPS flight

Guest luckyt21

Hi,Probably a bit of a newbie question...I am trying to fly heathrow to jfk direct gps, as soon as RC4 gives me clearence to resume own navigation I turn to track gps, within 30 secons atc tells me im off course and turns me back to origonal atc course. this repeats constantly. If I fly vor its fine just gps is funny, or is it me!!!!Thanks

My best guess is that your flight plan doesn't match up with your expected route of flight. For example, it sounds like you have a VOR-to-VOR flight plan loaded into RC4. Have you loaded the flight plan into the GPS or looked at it in FS9 or some other flight plan viewer to see what the stated flight plan is?While RC4 is telling you to resume your own navigation, you do not have the freedom to fly anywhere in they skies you'd like. You're still expected to fly what has been filed.Bob

Guest 102301636

If you are flying direct using the direct GPS function that the standard MS flight planning utility provides I think RC has a problem with that....if I remember correctly it's due to the long distance between the point of origin and the point of destination....as far as I know JD is working on this and it will be fixed shortly

Hi,As others have reported you really should put some waypoints into your flight plan if you're trying to fly realistically. I did a search in the Flight Plan Forum (here on AvSim) and found this...EGLL..CPT.UL9.STU.UN546.BAKUR.UN546.DEVOL.UN546.MASIT..RESNO..5600N/02000W..5800N/03000W..5900N/04000W..5800N/05000W..PORGY..HO.N294C.YRI.N294C.ALB.J37.IGN.IGN7.KJFK/0706As you probably don't have a FMC here it is in plain text departing 27L...LON07,WOD,CPT08,CPT,KENET,DIKAS,STU,BAKUR,DEVOL,MASIT,RESNO,5620N,5830N,5940N,5850N,PORGY,HO,YRI,ALB,IGN,LOLLY,DOORE,JFK.By the time you reach DOORE you will have been vectored by APP assuming you chose that option and not the IAP.I've created the plan for you. Load the attached into FS9 and RC4 and see how you get on. Just change the cruise altitude to FL370. You can fly with the satisfaction of using a real-world route and RC will look after you.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Segwin

If your in need of flight plans here are three web sites I use all the time. Enter your departure & arrival airport and you will get quality flight plans.http://www.simroutes.com/http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ <---- This one is capable of showing NAT tracks.http://flightaware.com/analysis/route.rvt <---- Shows real world flight plans from United etc.Two additional pieces of software to help round out your flight planning & flight tracking experience are:http://www.fsbuild.com/ <---- The best flight plan builder on the markethttp://www.fsnavigator.com/ <---- Can build flight plans and so much more. These, along with Radar Contact, will greatly enhance your flight sim experience.Sorry for plugging others software here. Feel free to edit.

Terry,I don't personally need those links but thanks for posting for the benefit of others.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Segwin

Hi Ray:It was meant for the original poster, luckyt21. I thought he could use the tips.

Guest luckyt21

Hi all,Thanks for the replies,I was using ms fs2004 flight planner and now by the looks of it I should use something better!!!I will have ago at some of the flight plans ray posted and look at sites segwin posted.once again thanks for the usefull tips and replies.:-wave:-newbie