Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Radar Contact Video... Yes, not the best example :)

Landing KMIA tower cleared me to RW12, when I was about 300 FT a plane appeared in front of me (crossing my path) as it was landing on runway 8R.

Guest Douglas Thompson

What airplane were you flying? That's got to be a home-built! Awesome!! Beeeautiful!

Approach told me to 'expect' 8R, ATIS also had 8R but I was then cleared to 12.. I use AISmooth. But I guess crossing runway paths is something RC nor AISmooth can help me with (I use a special KMIA scenery with a special AFCAD to activate all ruways for)

i'd like to see a .log of something like that happeningbottom line, i control ai that are landing on the same runway as you. rc is a little busy, to be controlling all ai on all runways.jd

IMO, You should've been looking at that TCAS with the intent to abort the landing and avoid any conflict that seemed eminent. I know in the sim, after a long flight, the last thing you want to do is G/A on a good approach, but that's really what should've been done. Having said that, I've often monitored my TCAS conflicts with the hope they'd get the G/A by ATC and my landing would be spared. I'm surprised the LDS didn't tell you to climb or something. It should have.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

the LDS didn't tell me to climb because I was at 400' AGL, and the TCAS defaults to TA mode even when set to TA/RA below 1000' AGL. So it was not pilot fault nor TCAS fault but either a junior controller or crazy MD driver :)

when i watched it, i heard that other plane cleared for runway 12. that might have been a cue that something bad was about to happen.again, i'd have to see a .log of something like that. you should have been given the same runway as the ai.jd

Even when using those AFCADs that allow multiple runway use? and by the way I think the one cleared for RW12 was another American Airlines flight. The MD that intercepted my path was AirTran, which never appeared to receive instructions from tower.Again, one thing that I think is important to note is the fact that I'm using a special Add-on Scenery for KMIA (Fly Tampa) update 1.6 using a special AFCAD that activates ALL runways for AI planes. So, even when I used the default ATC it was common to see planes landing in paralel runways..

probably right. it was an "A" carrier :-)if any/all runways are used for landing, then this is inevitable. rc is trying to put you into the sequence of landing ai. if they are landing on multiple, sometimes intersecting runways, there's going to be a problem.peter suggested that aismooth might help. but i don't think he realized you were using modified afcad files, so that suggestion may not be applicable.jd

Oh well... I guess I'll need to keep my eyes (and ears) on the TCAS for this kind of conflicts