Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

FSUIPC ATC Window Trick

Something I learned this weekend that lets me duplicate the way the original FS9 ATC window works exactly with the new RCv4/FSCUIPC transparent window.First, using a registered version of FSUIPC on the "Buttons & Keys" tab, assign the original ATC menu keys to something different, such as Ctrl+Shft+1 for the menu item "ATC menu 1". Repeat for each of the other original FS ATC menu keys. Basically, this moves all the original ATC keys, 1 through 0 out of the way.Then in RCv4 Keys window, set each numeric menu key to the original keys 1 through 0 (i.e., no "Ctrl" or "Shft" boxes checked for each of the RCv4 numeric menu keys).Now, here's the new part, for me at least, using the mroe recent beta versions of FSUIPC, unassign any previously set key sequence to open & close the new FSCUIPC ATC window that you may have set in the "Hotkeys" tab. Then, in the FSUIPC.ini file in your FS9/Modules folder, there should be an option something to the affect "disabble_ATC_Window=No" (can't remember exact name as I'm at work right now). Anyway, change this to "=Yes".What this does is allow you to open and close the new FSUIPC ATC window with the exact same ~ key (to the left of the number 1 key on most US keyboards) just as it did with the original FS9 ATC window and the menu number keys will work RCv4 just like it did with FS9 ATC.Pete Dowson has really been crankin' out the features lately in these FSUIPC betas, huh...Hope this helps...AL | KCHS - Charleston AFB/Intl | USAF 437AW (~53 C-17's)FS9/Game Rig:AMD64-4000+ SanDiego OC=210/420/2520 | Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe | Corsair TwinX2048-3200C2PT (2x1GB) 2.5-3-3-8/1T@2.8v | Evga NV 7900GT v84.56 (1280x1024x32/4xAA/16xAF/High-Quality) | Enermax 550W PSU | Thermalright XP-120(mm) HSF | NV 1GB LAN | NV SATA-I Raid-0 223GB (3x80GB Samsung) (WinXPx64/Games) | NV SATA-II WD 320GB (Backups) | IDE-0 80GB Samsung (Archive) | Realtek AC'97 5.1 Surround | CH Yoke, TQ, & Pedals | FS9.1 (Settings max'd/60-40Vis/No-Shadows/20FPS) | WideFS v6.16 | FSUIPC v3.617 | FSGenesis Mesh (All) | PMDG (All) | PAI (All) | FSBuild2 | Etc...FS9 Support Rig:AMD3200+ | Gigabyte GA-7NNXP | Leadtek NV 5900 | Corsair TwinX1024-3200 (2x512MB) | Intel 1GB LAN | SiI3112 SATA-I 80GB Samsung | IDE-0 80GB IBM | JustCom 4port KVM | FS Wide Client | ActiveSky v6 (512x512x32bit / Wx Influanced)| Radar Contact v4.01 | FS Real Time | FS Flight Keeper | FS Commander | AI Smooth

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest jboweruk

Ah, but does it still 'hijack' the numeric keys, or can they be used for other things in the interim like with FSATC??For example running FSPax, I can hit C then 12340 to set the Com1 radio to 123.40.

Another trick:I do exactly what you are doing PLUS:I use a software called Flight Assistant (Which is a Free Voice Recognition software)I assign key 7 for acknoledge, CTRL 7 for say again and CTRL+SHIFT+1 to pass the radios to the copilot, so if I program those in my voice recognition software I can say things such as:AcknowledgeSay AgainCopilot ATCand without even opening the FSUIPC window I can have a great ATC experience :)I do have Press 1 and Press 2 assigned to Menu options 1 and 2 as well.

Yes, the RCv4/FSUIPC numeric keys assigned will still only be usable to RCv4 whether the FSUIPC ATC window is open or not. I see where you're going with this (number keys only work when FSUIPC window is displayed) but I think you're gonna have to get JD and Pete Dowson to colaborate on fixing that one, if it's even possible...AL | KCHS - Charleston AFB/Intl | USAF 437AW (~53 C-17's)FS9/Game Rig:AMD64-4000+ SanDiego OC=210/420/2520 | Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe | Corsair TwinX2048-3200C2PT (2x1GB) 2.5-3-3-8/1T@2.8v | Evga NV 7900GT v84.56 (1280x1024x32/4xAA/16xAF/High-Quality) | Enermax 550W PSU | Thermalright XP-120(mm) HSF | NV 1GB LAN | NV SATA-I Raid-0 223GB (3x80GB Samsung) (WinXPx64/Games) | NV SATA-II WD 320GB (Backups) | IDE-0 80GB Samsung (Archive) | Realtek AC'97 5.1 Surround | CH Yoke, TQ, & Pedals | FS9.1 (Settings max'd/60-40Vis/No-Shadows/20FPS) | WideFS v6.16 | FSUIPC v3.617 | FSGenesis Mesh (All) | PMDG (All) | PAI (All) | FSBuild2 | Etc...FS9 Support Rig:AMD3200+ | Gigabyte GA-7NNXP | Leadtek NV 5900 | Corsair TwinX1024-3200 (2x512MB) | Intel 1GB LAN | SiI3112 SATA-I 80GB Samsung | IDE-0 80GB IBM | JustCom 4port KVM | FS Wide Client | ActiveSky v6 (512x512x32bit / Wx Influanced)| Radar Contact v4.01 | FS Real Time | FS Flight Keeper | FS Commander | AI Smooth

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest jboweruk

Thanks for that, I'll leave it on CTRL 1 through 9 for ATC then. ;)