Sign in to follow this  
BigRick

RCv4 and FDC

Need to know if anyone else is experiencing this. I run the current version of Flightdeck Companion along with RCv4. To trigger my non-automatic checklists (basically the Prestart, before pushback, and before start checklists) I use the CTRL-Spacebar. When I do this, RCv4 menu kicks into "DIR checkpoint" option, shows the Next - 8 Main (nothing after main) menu. Pressing 0 (zero) will return it to the main menu even tho the option is not showing. Ctrl-Spacebar is not defined in RCv4. If you need a screenshot, let me know and I'll post what it looks like. Thanx!-Rick

Testing to see if I can attach a pic to this message before saying I'll post a screenshot. :-)

Guest RickT

Rick,I have not been able to reproduce what you are seeing. In Radar Contact I am using all Control + Shift key settings. You might try that if your keys are defined a different way. I am running FDC 3.2. Are you running build 3737 of Radar Contact?Are you using a 3rd party aircraft or one of the MS stock planes? I did my testing with the B737-400 default.

I'm running version 3.4 of FDC and 3808 of RC. My situation was also with the default B737-400.-Rick

Guest RickT

Rick,I have been unable to get FDC to upgrade to the latest version for some reason. I'll keep trying.Can you give me a step by step process (order you start things) so I can continue to try and duplicate your problem?How do you have your keyboard definition file set in Radar Contact? Are you using the default keys or some other combination.

Ok. I start AS2004, then RC, then FDC. Finally I load FS using FSAutostart. Here is what my key setup looks like for RC. BTW, even tho I dont have Ctrl-P defined for the Co-Pilot to take control (I think this was the default), when I press Cntl-P sometimes during my British Airways flight (required for a position update with their software) it still assumes I pressed it for RC, but not always.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i297/UPS403/Image1.jpg-Rick

Guest RickT

Hi Rick,I thought the problem may be the order you are starting your programs but it seems to be the way you have your keys defined is what is causing the problem.JD will have to address this problem when he returns. I don't know enough about the code to know whether he expects all keys to be defined or not. But with this key combination there is a definite problem.I'll make a note of this thread as something he needs to address. Sorry I could not be of more help.

I had to blank out some of them (and some in FDC as well) because FDC was reporting not enough key assignments available to be able to run. That's the reason for the unassigned ones.-Rick

i'm back from boston, rick asked me to look at this threadhow did you blank out a key assignment? with a space, or by deleting the character in the box with the delete key or backspace keyi've never tried to not select a keyboard assignment on this form, so the behavior may not be good.if you put a key in each box, do things work ok? why would you not assign a RC key?jd

I don't remember how I blanked out the key in the setup, but I would assume it was with a space. Let me see if I can find an unassigned/available key to define and see if that removes the problem. I'll let you know. I removed some key definitions in RC (the one's I don't really use) as well as some in FDC because with all the key definitions defined in both pieces of software, FDC was reporting insufficent keys spaces available to run and FDC would abort. I am going to also post this over in the FDC forum so Dave can see it as well.-Rick

if you put a space there, then space is the key i'm going to be looking for. like i said, i'm not expecting keys not to be defined, so the behavior is going to be unknown. even if you have blanked out a key, i'm still going to define it in my table of keys for fsuipc, so you're not saving anything by not setting them.jd

Ok. Sounds like I'll just have to deal with it. No big deal. I did as you suggested and defined a key. Now, when I press Ctrl-space to activate the checklists in FDC, RC assumes I pressed Ctrl-1 (that's the number one) which is what I've defined for Menu Selection 1. lol Cant win. I'm just gonna go back to the old way. Thanx for the help.-Rick

i'm thorougly confused. there is no special meaning to rc for ctrl-space.if you put the keys to the defaults, as they appear in the documentation, save, stop rc, and this is the important part, restart fs9. then restart rc, fs9 does rc behave correctly? does ctrl-space still get the menu item 1?take fdc out of the picture, for troubleshooting purposes, totally.if the keys are defined, to the default, and you do the above, including restarting fs9, and ctrl-space still gives you menu item 1, i want to see a log. again, no fdc in the picture for troubleshooting purposes.launch rcv4click debugload the .plndo a screen print of the keyboard screen, and paste into an email, along with a log that will be generated.click start rcduplicate the problem by pressing ctrl-space, and the menu item one is executed.close down rc, zip up the .log and the screen capture, and send it to me.thankjd

Guest jscharpf

I have this exact problem. I have the latest version of FDC (not sure but I think it's around 3.7 something.I get everything set with the default keys, when I run FDC, inside FS9 I use CTRL-SPACE to start the checklists. I get some response from RC (I think it asks to repeat the message), and FDC disconnects.When I try to reconnect FDC it says there aren't enough key assignments or something..If I try to remove a key assignment by putting in a space RC crashes with a run time error.Do I absolutely have to have all these key assignments in RC or can I lose some of them?Is there a recommended key map setup that I can use that won't interfere with some of FS9s basic stuff and/or FDC?Jeff

shift-ctrl-/ is repeat last message. by default ctrl-space means nothing to rcin the past there was a bug in fdc, which was fixed, and i haven't heard of any problems with it sincejd