Sign in to follow this  
RogerPotie

RC4 & WideFS Question for RT or JD

Guest RickT

I am not that familiar with Windows XP Home but under Network shares and security allow network users to change my files should be checked. That might be your problem.I was describing what to do in Windows XP Professional.

Guest RickT

If that works that means Symantec firewall has a rule to allow that connection. I would look at writing a rule to allow the problem connection.

I have made some progress.I followed your advice (I tought of it earlier today than forgot it).Disconnected Symantec Firewall on secondary PC (after stopping the adsl connection) and also MS Firewall on the primary PC. I found the shared files from both PC on both PC. Now the strange part of this story: I reactivated both Firewalls and... the shared files were still accessible!!! I reactivated the ADSL and still I could reach all shared files without having changed anything with the Firewalls. THIS in the network group Mshome.Good. But not finished !I started the WideClient (OK) then RCV4 and clicked the Rebuild scenery: Run-Time error 52: Bad File Name or Number7I entered //ROPIPO/c:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9and also ROPIPOc:..... when asked for the path.The WideClient.ini has the parameter: ServerIPAddr=192.168.123.115Any suggestion ?And thank you for your help already given.

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Yes Rick. I did change the option to allow network user to change the file.

Roger

Guest RickT

In the Wideclient.ini do not use ServerIPAddr, use ServerName=ROPIPO.

Bryan,Thank you. It finally works. With your help and Rick's help I got it.

Roger

Rick,I got it working.I was wrongly specifying the path to FS9. After the Ropipo I was specifying the FS PC path. Instead I must specify the mapping drive (see Bryan message in this thread). Then it worksFinally when everything is DONE it doesn't seem difficult. But coming from no experience and having a hard time finding information in the various helps and internet sites it seems quite difficult especially when the firewall has its saying in the stuff.I restarted the PC several times with no avail but as soon I stopped the Firewalls and restarted them without stopping the PCs it went well. I hope that this public thread may one day help somebody else.Thank you

Roger

Guest RickT

Glad to hear you got it working.