Sign in to follow this  
RogerPotie

RCV4 updates - question for jd

jd,On my primary PC RCV4 shows Version 4.0.3737Several weeks after installing the V4 you issued an update to downloadcalled 401update.exe. (2/12/2006) I installed it. 2 days ago I clicked the Check for updates after seeing the descripency with RCV4 on the secondary PC.On the secondary PC I also downloaded V4.I did not install 401update.exe but I did click Check for updates on the main screen. That seemed to work but that same main screen shows Version 4.0.36752 questions:A. Should I NOW download the 401update.exe on the secondary PCB. Despite the versions showed on the screen are these two RCV4 up to date ?

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Guest RickT

Hi Roger,RCv4.01 (ie build 3737) was not issuied through the updater. You need to download and install that update. When you clicked on update on your second PC what you received was updated data files in the rcv4/data folder. You should install 401update.exe on your second PC to bring it up to date.To answer your question:A. YesB. No

build 3737 is the current, released build for version 4, which is also known as 4.01why do you need rc on two machines. it only should be run on one machine - local with fs9, or remote to the fs9 machine via widefs.anyway, it would be best to have both machines running the current version of rcand fsuipc for that matterjd

jd,I just moved RCV4 from FS PC to Second PC. I will use only second PC when it is fully tested.I must have missed the upgrades. Will look into it later today.Where can I get the upgrade (and name)

Roger

jd,Well I think I will have to live with the present versions I have. When 4.0.2 comes out officially I will implement it (if I don't miss it).Apparently I must have deleted the registration e-mail.

Roger