Sign in to follow this  

Project AI

While we wait for the PAI Team to come back on line. I would urge people who downloaded the paint kits to keep painting ready for there return.Here are a couple of repaints I am working on that hopefully will be acceptable to the team when finished. America West A319 and A320 and the same in BA.Great frame rates with there AI models.Come back soon PAI.Steve.South WalesUK

Guest Joshieca

What's project AI?

Guest Coneman

Good job on the America West Steve! Looks great. Can't wait to see these in the sim. The font and graphics in the BA scheme don't look quite right. The graphics in the second BA shot look better. Sorry for the critique, but I'll be seeing these all the time too :-)Maybe you can answer a question. Why do all the textures look a little blurry on the PAI planes? Are they created smaller and then enlarged? I don't know how textures are mapped.Thanks,ToddKCOE

Hi Joshieca,Do a serch here for ProjectAI or take a look at www.sgair.net/cgi-local/Forum/AI/YaBB.plto see what it's all about.Regards,Steve

Hi Todd,I think the blurry textures are to do with the DXT format but I am not sure. Perhaps someone else could answer that one.No problem with the critique. I am new to painting aircraft and it's very much experimentation.The first BA tail I did was by looking at a photo and trying to hand paint the shape outline before filling in.The second one I cropped the tail from a photo, placed over the tail texture then used that as a template to paint it in.The Amwest repaints were done using the same technique including on the 319 the AMERICA WEST logo which accounts for some of the window blinds being down.Hopefully when I am happy with the repaints PAI will be back up so that I can send them for approval.In the mean time I still have a bit more colour around my FS2002 without bogging down the framerates.Looking at the old PAI site forum there are a lot of people busy on repaints. Some nice Vanguard and Spirit repaints on show together with Continental.Regards,Steve.

Guest Coneman

Yeah, I think you're right about the DXT format. I think I'll try changing one to DXT1 and see what happens. Anyway, keep up the great work. Isn't PAI amazing?!BTW, do have a link for the old forum?Thanks,Todd

I've started the whole Continental fleet. I finished the 735 and am 99% done with the 772, I just need to texture the windows. Those (and the 773, but CO doesn't fly those) are the only paint kits I downloaded before the PAI site went down. So if anyone could send me the one's they have, I could keep painting (email address is below the sig). But I'm going to be gone all week so it will have to wait. Here are a couple pics of them:772 - 99% donehttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d0ce7254d2f0993.jpg735 - donehttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d0ce73d4d8f6647.jpg

If you open a PAI 737 texture next to a default 737, you will see that they are both 1024x1024, but you will also see that the default texture is packed a lot tighter, and the individual components have a much higher percentage of that 1024x1024 .bmp, effectively giving you a higher-resolution texture. That's my theory and I;m sticking to it. :)

Use DXT3 format...not DXT1. Works much better and willfix your blurry problem.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg