Sign in to follow this  
Guest rblaha

ATC volume

Guest rblaha

Is there a way to increase the volume of the ATC, pilot and chatter voices in RC4.01? In particular, flying the PMDG 747-400 with sounds levels in FS set per PMDG recommendations, voices are very faint and hard to hear. I've tried adjusting the FS sound levels down and it helped some but, minimally.ThanksRandy Blaha

Guest RickT

Sorry RCv4.01 does not have a volume control.

best thing to do, for now, is to increase the main sound level up, so that the rc voices sound right, and then adjust the volumes of other add-ons to taste.we'll try to make them adjustable in the next versionjd

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

While you're on the topic jd: I run RC4 on a separate laptop (via WideFS). Of course, I can adjust the volume there. But I noticed something interesting. On the FS machine, I turned down the ATC volume slider in the sounds setting per installation. Doing so, howver, turns off all the audio sounds coming from my audio panel, such as markers, NAV and ADF morse codes etc. I use these to alert me when I have acquired VORs, ILS etc. It also effectively silenced COM2. I used to set COM2 to the destination local traffic CTAF or tower to listen for traffic in the pattern etc. However, yesterday I discovered that the volume control on my audio panel can be adjusted and turnig up up restores the sounds. But it also turns up the default ATC. I then have 2 ATCs playing. Is there any way for the ATC to be separated from the rest of the audio panel sound?Now the fact that I can turn up the default ATC and restore COM2 using the audio panel volme control has certain advantages, not the least is that now I can hear AI traffic in the pattern or on the ground as I approach an airport. Running both the default ATC and RC set to the CTAF is informative. I hear almost nothing out of RC4 ven when default ATC is alive with AI. For example, yesterday I had three AI around an uncontrolled airport I was approaching. Two were doing pattern work and broadcasting position reports regularly, and one was on approach. I heard them through the default ATC and was able to be on the lookout for them but not a sound from RC4. After landing I heard them clearing the runway etc while I was on the ground etc, but still nothing from RC4. In general, I fly into small GA and uncontrlled airports and I find that when approach switches me to advisory I get almost nothing useful out of RCs monitoring. I am now turning up te default ATC at these points. Any ideas of whether this can be fixed? Thanks.

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

sorry, what I was referring to was that RC doesn't seem to be representing the AI chatter on the local frequency the way the default ATC is. Not that I would wish the default ATC on anyone, but in general I find that the once you switch to local, you hear almost nothing. having turned up default ATC volume while tuned to the same frequency on COM2 I realized that the was quite a bit of local ATC chatter from AI but RC wasn't representing it. More generally, unless I missed it RC does not seemed to have been developed with a lot of attention to CTAF. Once ATC switches me to advisory, I am not able to monitor local AI traffic nor make radio calls (position reports, "downwind", "turning base", "final", etc.) as would be expected in real life.