Sign in to follow this  
Guest gilbnx

AI does not work with RC4.. :( Help

Guest gilbnx

Hi,I purchased RC4 not long ago... I have AI from about 20-30 airlines and everytime when I take off or landing there are about 15-20 aircraft in the major airports.I also installed ASv6 for weather, and I'm using PMDG 747-400.I made sure that "Interact with AI" and "AI chatter" are selected.I noticed some strange things since I started to RC4:1. I see sometimes aircraft taxing on the ground and although I'm on ground frequency, I cant hear RC4 chatting with them. The FS9's build it ATC does seems to chat with them (I can see it on that built in ATC window). Also, I see that ground frequency is not the same as RC4 ground frequency (this is why I probably do not hear them chatting).2. Taxing aircrafts seems to ignore me. They will not hold when I'm on the same taxiway... they will just taxi right through me. Ground also does not try to warn me for this ground traffic...3. Every few minutes, I see a message on the screen "Loading AI traffic". Usually this will eliminate taxing traffic. What I mean is, if there are 2-3 aircrafts ahead of me waiting for their turn to take off, I will see this "Loading AI traffic" message and all of these aircraft will dissapear... I hope I am doing something wrong (and maybe someone could correct me). I heard so many good reviews about RC4 but as of now, this is far from the reality I was hoping to get...Someone...? Help...?Gil.

>Hi,>I purchased RC4 not long ago... I have AI from about 20-30>airlines and everytime when I take off or landing there are>about 15-20 aircraft in the major airports.>I also installed ASv6 for weather, and I'm using PMDG>747-400.>>I made sure that "Interact with AI" and "AI chatter" are>selected.>>I noticed some strange things since I started to RC4:>1. I see sometimes aircraft taxing on the ground and although>I'm on ground frequency, I cant hear RC4 chatting with them.>The FS9's build it ATC does seems to chat with them (I can see>it on that built in ATC window). Also, I see that ground>frequency is not the same as RC4 ground frequency (this is why>I probably do not hear them chatting).i don't talk to the ai all the time. when they ask for taxi, and you are on ground freq, you will hear them.>>2. Taxing aircrafts seems to ignore me. They will not hold>when I'm on the same taxiway... they will just taxi right>through me. Ground also does not try to warn me for this>ground traffic...i don't control the ground ai, they are free to do what ever they do, which i've seen a lot of strange things. i've never had an ai taxi through me. do you have ms atc turned off or the volume set to 0?>>3. Every few minutes, I see a message on the screen "Loading>AI traffic". Usually this will eliminate taxing traffic. What>I mean is, if there are 2-3 aircrafts ahead of me waiting for>their turn to take off, I will see this "Loading AI traffic">message and all of these aircraft will dissapear... that wouldn't be me. sounds more like active sky is refreshing the ai everytime it refreshes weather. not a desirable configuration>>I hope I am doing something wrong (and maybe someone could>correct me). I heard so many good reviews about RC4 but as of>now, this is far from the reality I was hoping to get...i think will a little more use, you will hear the ground ai interact with rc. maybe with some configuration tweaks, the rest of the experience will become normal behavior>>Someone...? Help...?>>Gil.> >

Guest gilbnx

hi jd,Thanks for the quick reply...I saw two more things today that might explain some more:1. Using the FSUIPC utility which shows the AI in my area (there were about 40 on the ground) None of them used my frequency, all of them were using one frequency which is different from mine. Out of curiocity, I changed my COM1 to their frequency and on the built-in (FS9) ATC window I saw the display changed to TOKYO Ground. Is there a chance that RC4 know about different frequencies than what FS9 is using? (and I DID rebuild the Scenery Database).2. During my flight, I had one problem when the flight plan (both with FSBuild and with PMDG's FMC computer) showing me a direction of 040 degrees on the flight plan and RC4's Tokyo center wanted me to fly heading 120 to get to the same waypoint. I looked at the .pln flie and the Lon./Lat. were as they supposed to be. Any idea where the confusion with RC4 or how can I sync it with FS?Last thing: you mentioned "do you have ms atc turned off or the volume set to 0?"I set the volume to 0 but how do I make 'atc turned off'?Thanks allot for your help!Gil.

>hi jd,>Thanks for the quick reply...>>I saw two more things today that might explain some more:>>1. Using the FSUIPC utility which shows the AI in my area>(there were about 40 on the ground) None of them used my>frequency, all of them were using one frequency which is>different from mine. Out of curiocity, I changed my COM1 to>their frequency and on the built-in (FS9) ATC window I saw the>display changed to TOKYO Ground. Is there a chance that RC4>know about different frequencies than what FS9 is using? (and>I DID rebuild the Scenery Database).i don't really care what frequency the ai are on. the important thing is that when the ai tansitions from sleeping to getting clearance, you have to be on clearance frequency when that transition occurs. similarly, when the ai are tranisitioning from clearance to getting taxi, you have to be on ground to hear them. i don't wait til you change to ground, to play all the things ground things to the ai. you have to be there, when they do their thing, to hear the chatter.>>2. During my flight, I had one problem when the flight plan>(both with FSBuild and with PMDG's FMC computer) showing me a>direction of 040 degrees on the flight plan and RC4's Tokyo>center wanted me to fly heading 120 to get to the same>waypoint. I looked at the .pln flie and the Lon./Lat. were as>they supposed to be. Any idea where the confusion with RC4 or>how can I sync it with FS?i believe there is a problem with fsbuild, the fmc, and the .pln that you loaded into rc. i think the first checkpoint or the last checkpoint doesn't get entered. i don't remember. i don't use either.if you want to send me the .pln, i'll dump it out, and give you the headings rc wants you to fly. then you can figure out what the fmc problem is>>Last thing: you mentioned "do you have ms atc turned off or>the volume set to 0?"uncheck the atc volume box, under options/sounds/>>I set the volume to 0 but how do I make 'atc turned off'?you're fine>>Thanks allot for your help!>>Gil.>

>3. Every few minutes, I see a message on the screen "Loading>AI traffic". Usually this will eliminate taxing traffic. What>I mean is, if there are 2-3 aircrafts ahead of me waiting for>their turn to take off, I will see this "Loading AI traffic">message and all of these aircraft will dissapear...If it is happening more than once then that is strange and you may want to ask the question on the Active Sky forum as the only way I can see that should happen after intialising and the first AI check is by the user hitting the Refresh AI button on the ASv6 screen. Try opening Active Sky options and under 'Startup and General' uncheck the 'Auto Refresh AI on first wx set' and see if that makes a difference otherwise it is going to be a tad lonely up there.