Sign in to follow this  
Guest firebug

RC4 responds very slowly

Guest firebug

Hi, I just installed RC4 and Im having my first flight with it. The problem Im having is this: on the ground, the time between a keystroke in the ATC menu and the response of the program is OK. But once Im in the air, RC4 doesnt respond swiftly after I choose to acknowledge and contact the next controller. Once I pressed '1' a few times within 5 minutes without response, 10 minutes later those few keystrokes are processed (not always though). Other modules/addons arent responding well anymore. FsPassenger, FsNavigator take more time to process requests.Also my computer isnt responding well anymore. When I have FS9 in windowed mode, running RC4, start/taskbar arent available all the time, starting other programs are delayed. Looks like RC4 takes a lot of CPU cycles but taskmanager doesnt show this.Opening the RC4 window takes a few seconds to a few minutes, opening f.e. the KEYBOARD menu, it sometimes takes 5-10 minutes before its closing after pressing the CANCEL button.When I fly without running RC4, I have no problems with starting programs etc.My config:Intel P4 3 gig1 gig memATI Radeon 9600XTFS 9.1RC4 build 3737FSUIPC 3.60Using FSUIPC for ATC menu, not ADVDISP.DLL

Guest firebug

ATC keeps asking me to acknowledge, so, to test, I asked ATC to repeat its last transmission (CS/). RC4 responded by 'saying again' its message for like 6 times in a row.I just read another topic about this problem, the difference is Im not using WIDEFS.I also noticed if I tag the option to have the messages show in the green textbar, this green textbar keeps open all the time and the message is being repeated over and over again. Even when I close it manually, RC4 opens it again and repeats its last message.-------Forget about the delay of the response, that was an user error, i untagged automatic connect to the new freq :|.

don't use display text option, unless you're deafsounds like you might have something running at high priority (maybe fs itself) make sure everything is in normal priority, and see what happens

Guest firebug

Hi JD,There are no processes running with another priority than normal. I unchecked the display text option.. I will keep you informed.

there is an fs addon, i don't know the name, that bumps up the fs priorityjd

Guest firebug

JD,I receive ATC requests to change direction and wait for futher instructions. This message is repeated 4-5 times in a row, without a break, looks like a loop. Is this normal? When I acknowledge this, my pilot is repeating this also a couple of times.

dinfinately not normalsounds like a sound card problem, or a direct x problem maybe. or something else is creating key presses, which i'm seeing.maybe go into dxdiag, and bump the audio hardware acceleration down a notchjd

The only thing I recall being slow are weather, ATIS, and clearance delivery for this current 4.01 version all of which require combining many audio phrases to respond.As far as repeated things if you hold the command key down you are in effect giving multiple requests/acknowledgements which could slow things up. Be sure to hit the key just once and wait if necessary.Most voice phrases are brief and should not take long to build and play.In regard to your statement about auto COM tuning making a significant difference, is this using a default aircraft and setup? It really should not.Be sure to use the latest FSUIPC.Note also that some panels and gauges are poorly written sucking RAM and CPU cycles. I operate WinXP Pro SP1 with only necessary processes running on 3.2Gb CPU on 1.25 GB ram and get no disk swapping (paging) noted during flight. Except for the three items in my first statement there is no significant disk activity.Occasionally bring up the performance monitor part of Task Manager and have it configured to show physical ram use, CPU load, and disk paging. It is normal for FS9 to use a lot of CPU power. Your configuration sounds more than adequate. If you use an on-board sound chip, I reccommend you acquire a sound card to save CPU cycles and shared RFAM.You definitely should upgrade from FSUIPC 3.60 as some add-ons have issues with it. Download the latest here:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlBefore you install it make a protected copy of you FSUIPC.key and FSUIPC.ini files in a safe storage folder somewhere. The new version will continue to use any .key file you have and continue to honor application registrations.

Guest firebug

Turning down hardware acceleration doesnt seem to solve to problem. This repeating ATC seems to be reproducable this way: when ATC asks you to switch to the next controller, dont acknowledge. After ATC repeated its request X times, acknowledge. This time the pilot will acknowledge X times to switch to the next controller.

Is there any noticeable difference if you have your copilot handle comms - Ctrl-shift-k

Guest cirurgiao

Hi RonLearning a lot with your tips. Thanks.I'll have a new computer (A8N-SLI-Premium MB/AMD 64 X2 4400+/2GB RAM/ Asus GeForce 7900GTX/ and probably a SATA RAID 5 config). Really don't know if it would be interesting to use a WideFS in a 2nd PC although it is very atractive. But what about a card sound?Eduardo

In general a discrete sound card offloads the main CPU from having to do the .wav processing and should better your sound performance. FS itself is quite CPU intensive since the main CPU does a lot of image rendering before it gets handed off to your GeForce. If the motherboard sound processing is sharing CPU time and that sound propcessing is running at a lower priority (which it may be) you should find a seperate card (disable the motherboard integrated sound chip in your BIOS) will, as evidenced by several posts on this forum and other, remove some of the processor timing roadblocks.Sound cards are relatively inexpensive. If you are into music, check the various hardware sites for reviews and the type of amplifier/speaker interfacing required.

Guest firebug

>JD,>>I receive ATC requests to change direction and wait for futher>instructions. This message is repeated 4-5 times in a row,>without a break, looks like a loop. Is this normal? When I>acknowledge this, my pilot is repeating this also a couple of>times.Any info about this?

thats a good tip ron,i have onboard sound but gonna get a sound card. thanks,jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

i don't know of anyone else with this problemlaunch rcv4click debugload a .plnclick start rcfly your plan in fs, and duplicate the problemzip up the .log and send it to jd@jdtllc.comjd