Sign in to follow this  
Guest AirForcePilot

Traffic Alerts/Taxi Reports

Guest AirForcePilot

Hey guys. I tried searching through the forums but I'm still stuck. I get traffic alerts from ATC of other aircraft but the alerts give me the wrong direction, wrong altitude, wrong type, etc... Sometimes the traffic isn't even there. I've also had ground traffic run into me while taxiing. Also.....after turning off the runway and contacting ground, the pilot might come on (Delta 1121 of 38R on J3) but the aircraft is actually on taxiway Kilo. I found one post where it said the Traffic Range in the FSUIPC file should be changed from 40 to 0. I did that but don't know if it works yet. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

i can't keep the ai from running into you, sorry.i also don't know where taxi ways, and intersections are, so i can't actually voice where the ai are on the ground. i'm hoping to change that in v5, with a little help from peter dowsonai in the air, should be correct. are you running fshotseat? they change some fsuipc settings which make it incompatible with radar contact.if you still are getting erroneous traffic alerts in the air, do the followinglaunch rcv4click debugload the .plnclick start rcfly the flight, make note of callsigns of ai that are reported incorrectly.zip up the .log file, and send it, with a description of the problem, and the ai callsigns in error. i'll take a look at it.jd@jdtllc.com

Guest AirForcePilot

Thanks for the fast reply. I'll see what I can do. I think I had mentioned to Doug a while back that a progressive taxi feature would also be nice in Version 5. I don't know if thats in your plans or not.

I do not recall seeing a post regarding setting the AI traffic range in FSUIPC to 0. That would keep RC from seeing them and mine is set at the max. I see them all the time and RC reports the targets to me when the horizontal and vertical distance introduces a possible hazard. My aircraft all have a TCAS gauge and most require FSUIPC to report AI targets on the display. Make sure the latest FSUIPC is installed as that corrected an AI spotting problem. See the pinned topic.RC uses FSUIPC to spot AI on final in the departure stage as well to determine when runway line-up is safe. RC uses it to control AI enroute and in approach/final to help maintain seperation. It will also freeze ground AI when you are on short final to reduce runway encroachment.I think setting AI to 0 was for perhaps another application implementation that would cause a conflict.In the options tab of RC insure that intereact with AI is checked and for chatter precorded chatter is unchecked and AI chatter is checked. That should get rid of the "phony" traffic calls.

Guest mmcevilley

>I do not recall seeing a post regarding setting the AI>traffic range in FSUIPC to 0. That would keep RC from seeing>them and mine is set at the max. Setting the AI Traffic Range to 0 means "unlimited range". Here is the text from the FSUIPC manual."Limit TCAS range is for FS2002/4 and applies to airborne AI traffic. If this is set to 0 no limit is applied, but there isthen a danger that busy areas will have more aircraft than can be accommodated in FSUIPC

0 actually tells fsuipc to look at ai planes regardless of distancebut the suggestion to change the value to 0 was flawed. rc actually calls fsuipc with a parameter to show me the closest 96 planes. so you don't have to change the value to 0jd

Are you sure it was flawed? Because all my AI recognition issues disappeared when I changed the value from 40 to 0. Strange.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks for the clarification.

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

In case it helps the original poster: i too have noticed discrepancies in the AI traffic enroute and one thing I've observed is that it may be a byproduct of the TCAS range. That is, if you use the AI map utility that comes with the SDK or MyTraffic and compare it to what you hear from ATC you can see that RC picks of some but not all of the AI near your plane including some that is fairly far out. The TCAS gauge in my aircraft will not yet be displaying the aircraft and it is not yet apparant visually even with the red labels. But it IS there. By the time it appears visually or on gauge its relative position can be very far off from where you were told to look by ATC. On the other hand I've had ac at my altitude and on a collision (I had to change course to avoid) but never heard a thing from ATC. Very much like the real world I suppose--see and avoid.On the ground is another matter as jd indicated--your on your own there, I frequently have to taxi off the taxiway and on to the grass to let an ac go by as they just can't see me. Not realistic but better than resetting the flight entirely because of a crash, which has happened. They also take the runway and all sorts of crazy things--its the wild wild west on the ground! Once again--see and avoid! when I exit the runway I pause and get a top down view to see who is moving and where they are moving and then I sneak around them on the "back roads" to the ramp as it were. Still a major step up from default ATC and worth every penny!

Guest cirurgiao

HiJust saw your signature. Your Hardware/software is almost the new pc I've just bought (A8N-Sli-Premium /AMD Athlon 64 X2 +4400/GF7900GTX/ but I'm in doubt to create a RAID or only a SATA system. Do you know if there is any difference between a RAID or just a SATA in relation to FS9 (plus its add-ons)?ThanksEduardo

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, RonHow do I get a TCAS gauge? How do I find traffic range in FSUIPC (mine is 3.65 registered)?ThanksEduardo

Guest cirurgiao

I thinks jd answered the needless to change FSUIPC range (in which tab?) since RC4 gets the 96 nearest airplanes.Just the same I'd like to know both questions of mine.ThanksEduardo