Sign in to follow this  
Guest merchant

RCv4.01 Descent into KJFK

Guest merchant

I was given PD to FL170. After reaching FL170 I was yelled at for being off course and vectored from a heading of 135 to 280 and told to go direct when able. So, after turning to 280 I attempt to get back on course heading toward my last waypoint KFJK. The controller yelled again and vectored me away from the airport. The vectors continued until I was 100+ miles from the airport at which time I declared an emergency. The program appeared to get confused so much that I could not cancel IFR I had to shutdown the program. Selecting option 3 to CANCEL IFR I received channel change noise and N/A in the AdvDisp window.The only addon installed in the New York City area is ImageSim's Newark Liberty KEWR. Also, I was piloting PMDG's 747-400F.Any known incompatibilities?Thanks,

did you set your altimeter to the local pressure after you left FL180?jd

Guest merchant

>did you set your altimeter to the local pressure after you>left FL180?>>jdYes as soon after reaching FL180. Also, I did receive altimeter settings once below FL180. After reaching 17,000 I not given any further descend to instructions.Any ideas would be helpful.Thanks,

did you hear something like "cross 40 miles from xyz at 11000" or "cross 40 miles from xyz at 12000"?or maybe "descend and maintain 11000, start down now, i need you level in 30 miles or less"i never send you into approach at anything other than 11000 or 12000 or 10000jd

Guest merchant

>did you hear something like "cross 40 miles from xyz at>11000" or "cross 40 miles from xyz at 12000"?>>or maybe "descend and maintain 11000, start down now, i need>you level in 30 miles or less">>i never send you into approach at anything other than 11000 or>12000 or 10000>>jdI received descend to 17,000, start down now, etc. After reaching 17,000 I started receiving vectors away from the airport.

launch rcclick debugload the .plnclick start rcfly the plan, duplicate the problem, send me the .log file, zipped, to jd@jdtllc.comjd

Guest cirurgiao

Maybe to help:Little I know about RC but if you aren't in FL120 / FL110 or FL100 in same places it vectors you away from the airport space to give you time to reach this flight levelHope it helpsEduardo

jfk would 11000, 12000, or 10000he said he never received the crossing restrictions. that's why i want to see the log. i've never seen a case where i don't issue a crossing restriction. that's the problemand yes, he is being vectored 90 degrees from his heading because he isn't at the crossing restrictionjd