Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dkoy

No text in "Adventure Text Display".

Guest Dkoy

HiAfter I bought new disks and reinstalled my PC, I have a little problem in RC4.I have no text in the Adventure Text Display. Sometimes in the beginning of the flight I have, but after a while it disappears, and I only have an empty disply with the gray background.I can see that the red text flashes once in a while.RC4 still works, but its difficult to use when I cant see my choises.Hope you can help.BrSteen

if you use fsuipc 3.65, you can ditch advdisp, and let fsuipc display the rc menus in an atc like windowtry thatjd

Guest Dkoy

Great, I didn't know. I will try that.Thanks.Steen

Guest dbseaside

Can anyone advise: The text characters in the RCv4 green box are all messed up and I no longer seem to be able to access my ADVDISPLAY.DLL or my FSUIPC.DLL, which I understand is the bulk of the problem. Can I just download new ADVDIPLAY and FSUIPC files and if so, where can I get them from?

right mouse click the green box, and choose close windowclick modules, fsuipc, on the first tab, select display multi-line display, restart fs and rcjd

Get the new FSUIPC v3.73. Link is posted near the top of the forum. Copy your current fsuipc.dll, fsuipc.ini, and any fsuipc.key file in a safe location outside of FS. After extracting the new FSUIPC.DLL in a new installation folder copy it overwriting the old one to your FS modules folder. Rename advdisp.dll in the FS modules folder. If you click on the FS menu bar while it is running you should see under Modules FSUIPC in the dropdown. Follow jd's instructions for text display located on the first tab of the new FSUIPC.

Guest dbseaside

Okay, thanks! I'll give it a try.

Guest dbseaside

Thank you very much! I'll give it a try.

Guest dbseaside

No luck. I downloaded FSUIPC v3.73 once before, and I just did it again, overwriting when necessary. However, it keeps saying that the file cannot be read. The ADVDISPLAY.dll file cannot be read either. Also, where is the FS menu bar, because when I have it running, there is no menu bar shown. Any advice?

Are you using FS9 or FSX. Remember that a version 4 of fsuipc must be used with FSX.In FS9 to get to the menu bar you must have a flight loaded and then hit the ALT key.