Sign in to follow this  
Guest sssummer

Progress on update?

Guest sssummer

I seem to recall you guys were working on a 4.1 update or patch? Is there any news? Also, is the issue of conflicting AI aircraft in the sky, the AI aircraft being froze at 6 kts being fixed?Thanks

those who volunteered to test 4.2, have it, and it seems to fix the stutters that some people suffered after 4.01 was released.since i have to make a new batch of cd's, i'm prepping the new cd's to contain 4.2you don't need a new cd, to get 4.2. you just need to have installed the 4.01 patchi'll see if i can put 4.2 out somewhere, where you can get it, so you don't have to wait any longerjd

Guest sssummer

Thanks JD. Can't wait to try it out.I have 4.01, the version number says 4.03737. Is this the latest available via the update function?

yes.4.2 will be a download, not a check for update, though. standby for the urljd

If I haven't installed 4.01 do I need to do so before getting the upcoming update? Mike

Guest Graeme Paterson

JDIve installed the 4.2 update and you'll be glad to know that as far as I am concerned all my stutter problems have disappeared completely. RC is now running as smooth as silk - funny how id actually got used to the stutters but I am now glad to have everything back to normal.Thanks for the support and for fixing this problem.Graeme

Where or how do I get the update 4.2. I am subscribing to the google forum but I haven't received any update yet, as far as I can tell!A couple of issues I had with my flight EDDF-KSFO a couple of days ago using the PMDG 747 and Radar Conctact 4.1. 1) I was flying along a jetway in US according to the flightplan when Radar Contact told me to make a 180 degree turn and proceed until suitable for own navigation or something to that extent. 2)A couple of hours before that I was maintaining FL310, like I had done for about 6-7 hours, and asked for a lower flightlevel. It got approved and a couple of seconds after that the controller said it was the second time I busted the flightlevel. He yelled at me a couple more times for not maintaining the correct flightlevel although I most definitely were!The verdict I got when the flight was over wasn't too kind! :)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

1) This is almost certainly the situation caused when you missed the previous waypoint. You must fly within 5nm of the waypoint (when enroute), and 2nm (when flying a SID/DP). If you don't, RC will expect you to fly back to it to cross it and that is why it is asking you to make the 180

>>To register a climb or decent, your vertical speed must be at least 400ft/min as a minimum.<<I think you're a little confused there, mate. If my memory serves me correctly, RC is programmed to accept a vertical speed of 95ft/min or greater as a climb or descent. jd wouldn't dare insist on >400ft/min or he'd have Ray jumping on him complaining that he couldn't fly his Concorde properly!x( PP

Only 95?? I thought jd changed it from 500 to 400 for Ray. It'll be ToD by the time he gets to FL600 :oDI had always watched the VS closely, but I don't have to now knowing it's only 95 :() Thanks Pete :()Subs

Hi Pete and Subs,JD posted the minimum climb/descent rate in the "Impatient Controllers" thread. Here's his reply...< than 94 ft/min will be considered not climbing or descendingYou're quite right Pete. I would have been complaining long and loud had I not been able to climb at 100fpm in my beloved Concorde.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather