Sign in to follow this  
timers15

Radar contact forgot about me after missed approach?

Ok, I was flying into KSAN on ILS27. Shortly I noticed there was no glidescope and declared a missed approach. RC vectored me to 305 and then never said anything again. About 40 miles away I re-vectored myself, nd did an ILS landing on 9, almost hitting several planes on the way in.Did I do something wrong?Then after landing RC said FSDO would be put out of business while a 777 drove through me and 13 passengers were killed.

Hi,I recently performed a MA myself at GCTS and RC handled the procedure flawlessly.After the initial climb out on the runway heading you correctly received a call to turn right to 305 and shortly after that would have received two more calls which would have placed you on the downwind leg. Quite why that never happened is a mystery.I can only suggest that if you want to try to recreate that situation ensure Debug is set before you start the flight and if the worst happens send the log to JD. Without a log it's impossible to determine what happened.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ok I figured that's what you might say. It's no big problem I just wanted to know it wasn't a bug. I'll keep an eye out for it again, and get a log if necessary.Possibly it didn't detect my climb out because I didn't climb. I never went down the glideslope since I wasn't picking it up for some reason.Thanks for the help. I just had a bad flying day is all. :)

if i don't detect a positive rate of climb after you miss approach, i sit and wait for you to climb. as soon as you do, you'll get instructionsjd

forgot to lower your gears again? :-)just kidding....i like my steaks medium well :-)jd

>Ok, I was flying into KSAN on ILS27. ...>>Did I do something wrong?>Well unless you have hacked the AFCAD there is no ILS27. It is a LOC approach (no glidescope).Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

<>:D Now would I do that? ;-) The reason was I was too high is because GCTS (Tenerife South) has a 12000ft dormant volcano to the north of the field and ocean to the south. The MSA is 10,500ft (from memory) and I didn't descend quick enough.GCTS will be an interesting test of the new v5 MSA procedures :-)I like my steaks like that too. Now back to work before the boss spots me :-waveCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather