Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

Hardly any AI chatter

Hi all,I've suddenly noticed that I have a problem which seems to have occurred since installing v4.2 and that is that I do not hear all the ATC conversations with other a/craft.I have "AI chatter" and "Interact with AI" checked. I have UT and PAI aircraft and schedules and traffic set at 80%. However, going up to 100% did not seem to make any difference.I don't often fly in and out of large busy airports but today I flew from Manchester and although there were plenty of aircraft parked I only heard one other ask for clearance after me. I then departed for Cork in Ireland and although by pressing Ctrl + W I could see a fair number of other aircraft flying around me I only heard one of them talk to ATC.So after finishing that flight I tried an experiment and went to Heathrow to start a flight to Paris. I got my clearance but only heard one other a/craft request a clearance, even though I could soon see plenty taxiing out.So I brought up the default FS9 ATC window to read any comms going on. I soon realised that RC was only letting me hear a fraction of the ATC chatter going on. I had tuned the tower and awaiting t/off clearance on the opposite side of RWY 27L from the main queue. I could read FS ATC lining them up and clearing them but I could not hear this via RC.Any idea what might be wrong?Iain

i only talk to ai, when they change "states" (such as sleeping to getting clearance, from clearance to push, from push to taxi out, from taxi out to t/off1, etc.)but you have to be on the clearance frequency, when they get their clearance (from sleep to clearance). you have to be on ground frequency when they move from clearance to push, from push to taxi out. you have to be on tower frequency when they transition from taxi out to t/off1i don't queue up these "chatters" waiting for you to change frequency, because they may be taxiing out, and you would hear them request push, and request taxi.does that make sense?jd

>but you have to be on the clearance frequency, when they get>their clearance (from sleep to clearance). you have to be on>ground frequency when they move from clearance to push, from>push to taxi out. you have to be on tower frequency when they>transition from taxi out to t/off1>>i don't queue up these "chatters" waiting for you to change>frequency, because they may be taxiing out, and you would hear>them request push, and request taxi.>>does that make sense?What you say makes sense jd (doesn't it always? :)) but I was tuned appropriately, e.g. when I was at Heathrow RW 27 seeing FS ATC lining them up and clearing them I was also tuned to the tower but heard none of it.Does the fact that I have two traffic files, one for UT and one for PAI, affect things in any way?Iain

nope.the other thing i failed to mention, you will only hear tower talking to ai going to or landing on the runway you have chosen.if you want, launch rcclick debugload your .plnclick start rcfly the .pln, duplicate the problem, and zip up the log and send it to jd@jdtllc.com with a description of what i'm trying to look for. specifically, on tower, i didn't hear delta 232 being cleared to line up and wait.jd

>fly the .pln, duplicate the problem, and zip up the log and>send it to jd@jdtllc.com with a description of what i'm trying>to look for. specifically, on tower, i didn't hear delta 232>being cleared to line up and wait.Thanks jd, will do in the next few days.Iain

jd, I have repeated my Heathrow to Paris departure and have made a log but I don't think it is worth bothering you with it. Things seemed much better. As before I had the FS ATC window up so I could read their comms and, in fact, RC ground spoke to two or three a/craft that FS didn't.The only example of what I was talking about occurred once. A CSA Czech was lined up and cleared to t/off from 27L by FS and then told to contact departure with not a peep from RC. However, I was at a hold point for 27L on the opposite side of the runway from him. In other words, we were not in a queue (or line as you say) as such. Would that have made a difference? Because that was the same situation that I posted about.I will try and create a situation where I am in a line with other traffic to check that I hear their comms.Iain

Guest PeertjeB767

Hello,Well i have about the same problem, but not on ground, jus't in mid air!When i fly at 40.000ft our 35.000ft, there is no communication between RC and AI. Just when i started the descent and approaching the airport, it's getting more and more crowded. But when i was overflying Paris at 39000ft there was no one around me? I have RC 4.2 and a custom AI package. (can not name it here.)Regards Peter

it's possible there are not ai in the super stratum, doing anything. they may be in other centers/controls, lot's of possibilities.if you want me to look into it, you'll have to send me a log.jd

Guest PeertjeB767

Hi JdI will make the flight return today, so i will have make the log file.Greetings Peter