Sign in to follow this  
chrispeel

Problem after full re install on new PC

I'm still investigating this but here goes.Got a new PC with quite high specs.Loaded it up with FS9.1 and all the add-ons I had been using fine on the old machine.Namely AS6,RC4,Ultimate Traffic,Ultimate Terrain(USA and Eu)FSG mesh,PMDG 737,747,ATR,etcAll goes well apart from a slight problem when using RC4.From time to time the sim locks.Not a total freeze as the aircraft keeps on flying but I can't use the keyboard,mouse or joystick.After about a minute or so it resumes.Without RC4 all behaves normally apart from a very slight pause which recovers in a millisecond.I've tried it with and without AS6 and various aircraft and it only seems to happen when RC4 is running.I have the latest updates for it and FSUIPC.Is it possible I corrupted something when I installed the latest upgrade?I haven't yet tried going back a step or two and perhaps I should.I've not seen this raised on here before so forgive me if I've missed something.I'm showing 4.2.3831 on the screen

maybe turn down hardware acceleration a notch by using the dxdiag commandit could be anything. could be power supply, memory, it is a new pc. could be video drivers, sound drivers.jd

I'll try that,thanks,but it works fine on everything else,just RC4 plays up a bit.Standard FS ATC works OK as before.Forgot to say,if it helps,I still hear all the RC4 voices,chatter etc but I can't reply due to the problem.If I twiddle with Task Manager by flicking through the menuus it tends to come back to life.

Adding to the above,when in Task manager it shows RC4 as "not responding"Turned down the acceleration one notch.Maybe better,not sure as I still got 3 "pauses"in a one hour flight from OAK to LAX.Will it be worth turning down the acceleration down some more?Will it affect anything else do you think?

you can probably return the acceleration to where it waswhat other add ons are you running (fs as well as antivirus, firewall, etc)jd

OK Will do.It was on Maximum.As well as the FS type add-ons I mentioned earlier I have AVG 7.1 Anti virus and firewall running.Do you need a fuller list?All ran well on my previous PC.Never got any of the problems others have reported.Still don't apart from what I am describing.

Right,I've done all I can and still I get this wierd pausing.Again FS9 runs fine with or without AS6 and with the built in ATC.I guess I shall have to uninstall all the RC4 components and build again version by version and see where the lock up occurs.Strangely I never had any of the problems reported in this forum.Unless you've got any other ideas.

If you are still reading this thread I have just noticed this:-In "Program Files" I have RC4In the "Add/Remove programs" box I have 2(two)RC4 entries,both the same size.One is named RC4.0 the other RC4.1The short cut on the desktop points to ".....RC4RC4,exe"In the RC4 folder the icon points to v4.2Does this tell you anything?

Sorry4.2.3831.Anybody else any ideas?Which version should I get rid of-if any.Both are saying they are 1239.00 MB

Thanks jd.Any ideas as to the items in my "add/remove programs" box referred to earlier?I'm thinking of re installing as I feel pretty sure I've dropped a clanger somewhere!!I only show one RC4 in Program files-4.2-but there are these 2 hefty items in the add/remove sections.