Sign in to follow this  
chrispeel

Problem after full re install on new PC

uninstall it all, reinstall 4.0, the upgrade to 4.01, and then the 4.2 exejd

Thanks jd.Started the uninstall before your reply.Waiting for the key now and then I'll check it out every step.I never had a problem with 4.0 before so we'll see what happens.Thanks for listening!

OK.Reinstalled stage by stage.Problem still there at all stages i.e RC4 Basic then with the updates. I think you're right, it's something to do with the sound set up but I'm not sure where as all other sound applications work fine.I'll carry on working with it as I love the system,it's so much better than the FS9 ATC,but it's a bit frustrating.

i'm at a loss. you know it worked before. the bits didn't change. your system changed. the same bits don't work. i don't know where to tell you to look.maybe update your sound card drivers?jd

Certainly sounds logical jd.I'll keep working at it and let you know.BTW the sound and audio device is "NVIDEA®nForceAudio and the drivers are said to be up to date.The Trouble shooter doesn't help and the sounds are fine in all applications.Good night.

that's the same as i have. make sure your default sound device is correct.also realize that it is possible that if you are using headphones, the audio maybe coming out a different sound device, at least it does on my dell xpsjd

Sound settings are OK and I don't use headphones for FS9.However I did a defrag today(the XP version) and things are much better.Sadly not got rid of the problem altogether but it's much improved.Coincidence?Anyway,thanks for your patience and help.Much appreciated.