Sign in to follow this  
jfri

RC tells me to enter approach far to high

I did a flight from EDNY to Salzburg LOWS. The directions from RC was to stay at 8000 ft until established on the glideslope. But this won't work. I will miss the glideslope if I come in so high. According to the approach chart I should go down to 4000 ft. Why won't RC give me that height before turning to capture the ILS?

what is the msa of lows? i'll never descend you below the msa. you may want to use the notams optionjd

Hello alli had the same problem a few weeks ago. the msa is 4000ft. but near by the Apls you should always use the notams option.mwi

M. Wiendl

pmdg_trijet.jpg

>what is the msa of lows? i'll never descend you below the>msa. you may want to use the notams option>Acording to chart msa is 4000 ft and I do use the notam option.

in that case, i'd like to see the .loglaunch rcclick debugload the .plnclick startfly the .pln, duplicate the problem.before you contact approach, press the ; key, and save a .fltthen continuewhen you're done, send me the .log, zipped up, and the xyz.rcd, xyz.flt and xyz.wx files (they will all have the same name, the one you gave the save .flt when you pressed ;)i'll see what the log says, and fly it myself if i have any other questions.you didn't ask for an IAP approach, did you?jd

Guest Douglas Thompson

By all means use NOTAMs but in addition, edit the MSA fields for an arrival airport respect to your entry angle to the area (Controller Info tab). RC takes the logical (and safe) route in selecting the highest MSA it sees. In v4 we're not looking at quadrants where the western half may be 2500ft, while the eastern half is 8000ft. We'll go with 8000ft in these cases.You're able to add realism by editing these numbers.

>By all means use NOTAMs but in addition, edit the MSA fields>for an arrival airport respect to your entry angle to the areaYou are right. This field says 7900 ft and that of course is the reason for the problem?! But where did RC get that figure from? The approach chart says 4000 ft or 10000 ft depending on which sector and for me it should be 4000 ft.

>before you contact approach, press the ; key, and save a .flt>Did you mean just save the flight or press ; and then save the flight.>you didn't ask for an IAP approach, did you?>No should I have done so?

when you save a flight via ; - a radar contact file .rcd is saved as wellon the iap, i was just curious, because that would have explained what happened to youjd

i don't have access to the msa's of every airport in the world. but i did an analysis of what the highest point within 20 miles of airport in the world, based on the geological data available. that's how i came up with 7900. you should always check the msa, to see if it is accurate, especially in hilly areasjd

>i don't have access to the msa's of every airport in the>world. but i did an analysis of what the highest point within>20 miles of airport in the world, based on the geological data>available. that's how i came up with 7900. you should always>check the msa, to see if it is accurate, especially in hilly>areas>It did help to change the msa to 4000 ft. As expected I was directed to dedescend to 4000 ft instead of 8000 ft.