Sign in to follow this  
Guest ScottPilot

Continous runtime erros with version 4.2!

Guest ScottPilot

I just installed the version 4.2 exe file and re-registered, now I am getting runtime error messages from the program whenever I try to transmit.'Runtime Error 5' is the most common one.Should I go back to my prior exe? (version 4.0.0.3737) Is this the wrong version to upgrade from? What did I do wrong? I was having no problems until going to version 4.2.3831Scott

let's see if we can figure some of them out.did you click the .flt/.wx button and specify the path where the .flt and .wx files are stored?when do the errors occur? after you do what? what did you just do when you get one? what error is it?jd

Guest ScottPilot

Wow JD, what a fast reply...Thanks!OK, as far as the .flt/.wx button I didn't do anything. Up to this point, I have never clicked that button. I loaded my FS9 flight plan via the FS200X button and then started Radar Contact.When I keep getting the error is after I listen to the ATIS and then when I press '3' to get my clearance.It is the code 5 and it states something about FSUIPC. (I have the latest version off Pete's website, just got it tonight to be sure. It's version 3.7.0.0Then Radar contact closes down to the desktop.Do I need to set the .flt/.wx path? If so where should I point it to? right now it points to nothing, just looks like this....FLT/.WX Path =My copy of Radar Contact 4 sits on my E: drive, not my C: drive which contains the windows XP OS.Scott

####, i don't even have 3.70 :-)do you happen to have version 3.65? try swapping 3.65 for 3.70 and see if it makes any difference. yes, you should set your .flt/.wx pathdo this for melaunch rcclick debugload the .plnclick start rcfly the .pln, duplicate the problem, and zip up the log and send it to jd@jdtllc.com with a brief explanation of what happenedthanksjd

Guest ScottPilot

OK, I'll try what you ask.As far as version 3.7.0.0, it is on his website right now. I double checked the FSUIPC.DLL and it says it is version 3.7.0.0.I'll send you the log.Scott

Guest ScottPilot

Thanks JD!I am going to use the prior version of RC4 (since 4.2 isn't working for me right now) until the new set of silent pilot wav's are available.Scott :-)