Sign in to follow this  
mbattison

Readback and few other points

Hi allAs a relatively newcomer to Radar Contact 4, I am very impressed with the product, although a couple of points I have noticed that I can't find answers to on this forum by searching.After requesting clearance, I hear the clearance instructions (initial climb, squak codes etc). I then hear "readback correct" BEFORE my aircraft actually reads back the instructions. Surely this should be after I have actually repeated the clearance instructions?Generally, I cannot contact ground for start-up permission. I hear AI traffic calling as being ready for push, and are told to push and start at their discretion. I seem to go direct from clearance to taxi instructions, bypassing start-up.RC manual implies that I should hear "give way to.. " other AI traffic while taxiing. I am not getting that, which tends to lead to a bit of a free for all when taxiing. After being told to taxi, I don't receive any instructions until "monitor tower on... "Appreciate any help and comments.RegardsMark

are you pressing 1 to acknowledge and contact next controller? or 7 to acknowledge?do you have pilot autoreply on? do you have autotune on contact checked?you won't hear give way, or follow the, unless there is a nearby plane taxiing to the same runway as you areyou won't hear monitor tower unless you are at a big airport.have you flown any of the tutorials? read the tutorials?jd

Hi JD, thanks for helping, my answers below :are you pressing 1 to acknowledge and contact next controller? or 7 to acknowledge?- Usually press 1 to acknowledge + contact. The main exception is when landing, I press 7 to acknowlegde handover, then 1 after I have left the runway to contact ground. Controller's don't like me contacting ground on the runway!!do you have pilot autoreply on? do you have autotune on contact checked?- Pilot autoreply is OFF, Autotune is ON.you won't hear give way, or follow the, unless there is a nearby plane taxiing to the same runway as you are- I sometimes hear the "follow the" instructions, sometimes not - that is OK. I have never heard "give way to" even when taxiing alongside other aircraft on parallel taxiways which then turn and converge into one. Normally the AI aircraft cuts in ahead of me.you won't hear monitor tower unless you are at a big airport.- As far as I can remember, I always get "monitor tower". Maybe I am using big airports!have you flown any of the tutorials? read the tutorials?- I will have a closer look at these.jd

after you hear your clearance, and you press 1 instead of 7, you're essentially acknowledging the clearance and switching to ground, and asking for taxi instructions.give way is coded, it depends on where the ai is, where he's going, where you are, and where you're goingjd

Thanks, that will be of some help.Any thought on the first part of my question though?? I.e. ground acknowledging "readback correct" BEFORE I readback.