Sign in to follow this  
Guest Antoni77

RC4 doesn't start correctly

Guest Antoni77

A few days ago I purchased RC4, and shipment took unexpectedly only a few days from USA to Norway - impressing!Anyhow, I have now struggled with RC4 for a few days. I run Ultimate Traffic, FS passangers, FSNavigator and Active Sky together with RC4.I have got my license/key, run the rebuild scenery (MANY times) and always load the RC 4 last as the manual says, but EACH time I start RC it send me to North 0, Easth 0, which is in the middle of the Atlantic and crash.What do I do wrong or what can I do to get this correct?So one more thing....for example trying to TO at TAMPA, Fl the scenery has completely been messed up and I get a lot of builing crashes after installing RC. Anyhow, when I manage not to crash RC sends me to runway 00, which does not exist! And I never get the runway heading/distance in the text window. Someone help me to clean up this mess so flying get fun again!???Rgrds Antoni

you only have to rebuild the scenery database once. and everytime you change scenery.sounds like the lat/long of the .pln you loaded is undefined, and i'm putting you at 0/0why don't you send me your .pln, and i'll see what's wrong with it.it sounds like something is REALLY wrong with your scenery database.are you using widefs?jd

Guest Antoni77

Sure,The flightplan looks like this (this one made in FS itself, but it happens excactly the same with FS NAVigator, when exporting the NAV format to xx.pln):[flightplan]AppVersion=9.0.30612title=KTPA to KATLdescription=KTPA, KATLtype=IFRroutetype=3cruising_altitude=32000departure_id=KTPA, N27* 58.98', W82* 31.98', +000025.99departure_position=GATE C 2destination_id=KATL, N33* 38.43', W84* 25.62', +001025.99departure_name=Tampa Intldestination_name=The Hartsfield Atlanta Intlwaypoint.0=, KTPA, , KTPA, A, N27* 58.98', W82* 31.98', +000025.99, waypoint.1=K7, PIE, , PIE, V, N27* 54.47', W82* 41.06', +000000.00, waypoint.2=K7, LAL54, , LAL54, I, N28* 41.44', W82* 38.72', +000000.00, J119waypoint.3=K7, FAGAN, , FAGAN, I, N29* 25.75', W82* 36.49', +000000.00, J119waypoint.4=K7, NECOS, , NECOS, I, N30* 29.67', W83* 8.15', +000000.00, J89waypoint.5=K7, OTK, , OTK, V, N30* 46.83', W83* 16.78', +000000.00, J89waypoint.6=K7, ICBOD, , ICBOD, I, N31* 15.86', W83* 28.24', +000000.00, J89waypoint.7=K7, SOONE, , SOONE, I, N33* 4.64', W84* 12.31', +000000.00, J89waypoint.8=, KATL, , KATL, A, N33* 38.43', W84* 25.62', +001025.99, The RC4 file looks like this:C2, 1 , 1 , 0 , 1800 , 1800 , 1800 , 3200 ,,KMEM,, 1 , 1 , 0 , 1 , 0 **,0,PIE, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,LAL54, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,FAGAN, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,NECOS, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,OTK, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,ICBOD, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,SOONE, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,KATL, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,0,, 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 ,0,And for me that looks like nothing....or?Looking forward to your earliest reply. If you want to continue correspondence by e-mail pls let me know.RgdsAntoni

you're pln works perfectly for me.are you at ktpa when you click "start rc" ?

Guest Antoni77

Yes, I am am TAMPA/KTPA while starting RC.Yesterday evening (probably noon/afternoon time US time) I did some attempts and changes myself.1. I had both (by a mistake) My Traffic and Unlimited Traffic installed. I removed My Traffic and fixed the scenery.cfg file. Now the scenery "bug" seems to be OK and all buildings in right place. MyTraffic generated 4 new sceneries...ADF and ATC even though I deleted them After repairing the scenery.cfg file this stopped though.2. I ran the scenery rebuild at RC4, but it never completed after this. Stopped at layer 3?!3. Even though, I ran RC4 with old flightplans made before I installed RC4 and then it seemed for me to workk perfectly with RC4.4. I discovered that RC4 with new plns made after the installation of RC4, doesnt seems to detect the departure airport. The frequencies in the filed for departure are all greyed out, and in the route plan (box in the centre of the RC4 window) it says " to KATL @32000........") My spacing may not be correct here though, but it seems not to detect the dept airport. The same I get trying from other locations than KTPA.5. My list of sceneries are standard, but added Ultimate traffic and an mesh upgrade for Norway and a freeware called Norwegian Airports. That is all I now have as additional scenery. Using all other add-ons as FS Passanger, Active Sky, FSNAV ver 4.7 and UT my FS works very well. So something happens when generating the RC4 file/plan.Any solution?RgdsAntoni

2. I ran the scenery rebuild at RC4, but it never completed after this. Stopped at layer 3?!This sounds like a defective scenery.cfg. I'm not at my FS computer location but I recall some add-ons that modify on their own the scenery.cfg file change one of the comments affecting some about local vs. remote that caused problems.If RC can't build its database either it won't be up to date or incomplete. These files furnish much information including comms, certain locations at airports, runway lists, etc. To see how far the rebuild got, look in your FS9 folder for a file called runways.txt. This is a log file of what the makerunways.exe utility installed for the RC rebuild creates. Look at it with Notepad or Wordpad and you will see how it handled your scenery and AFCAD files. It is lengthy but it will give you an idea where there might be a problem.Take a look at FS scenery.cfg with notepad.Another thing to check is to insure only one AFCAD file beyond the default is in place for each airport. If any of your add-on auto-installs each added an AFCAD for the same airport this is not good. Open suspect airports with the freeware AFCAD2.1 in the libs here and if at suspect airports more than one exists beyond the stock layer, look at each additional layer. Occasionally you may find a layer without runways but that is OK to keep beyond the stock plus one additional layer.There is under the utility section in the libs a find duplicate AFCAD utility. Note what's on the list but do not allow it to delete anything.Use AFCAD to make final decisions.The bottom line is I suspect an incorrect entry or corruption in your scenery cfg. Look at runways.txt to see where that RC installed utility stopped.

Guest Antoni77

YESSS!Now it is working well. A mess with my scenery files and add-on sceneries.First I discovered that I had both MyTraffic and Ultimate Traffic installed, both probably with their own add-on sceneries. Anyhow deleted the Mytraffic, and fixed it in scenery.cfg which still had references for it. Still RC4 didn't want to load correctly and sent me to the middle of nowhere.Then I removed all my add-on files and putted them in a oldscenery (not used) file.Ran RC4 and reloaded the runwaybuilder. Gee...that was something different, now I got more than 20'000 runways and slightly fewer runways. Then I put the Ultimate Traffic scenery back on place and ran RC4 and repeated the above procedure. Loaded RC4 and still everything works. So it seems like I have a corrupted add-on scenery file in me remaining 20 or so add-on airports...so tomorrow I will take on by one and see which it is and leave it.So now I am happy, RC4 is working and flying is FUN again!Cheers!Antoni