Sign in to follow this  
Ed_S_Pilot

FSUIPC, Are we supposed to update it,,,

with every new version that comes out?

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

it's always a good idea. if you ever have a problem, and you have an old fsuipc, the first thing i will ask, or pete will ask, is that you go to the newest versionon the other hand, many believe in the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" rule of thumb.jd

Thanks JD..............

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

JD,"if it's not broke, don't fix it"That is how it breaks due to lack of maintenance.

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Hi Ed,Pete has a policy of only supporting the latest version so I suggest you always update.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest mmcevilley

>JD,>>"if it's not broke, don't fix it">>That is how it breaks due to lack of maintenance.Software does not break because of lack of maintenance. In fact, software often *gets broken* due to maintenance! ;-)-michael

Hi Ed,Just to echo the others...It's always a good idea to have the latest version. As FSUIPC is THE major interface for just about every FS add-on, including RC, that having the latest version is always a plus. If you have a registered version, you get full functionality. IMO, besides RC and FS itself, FSUIPC is one of the finest flightsimming investments you can make for yourself.Cheers,Mike T.

Michael,Of course. But you get sometimes into trouble because one component of the whole is not up to date. Up to now I don't think I got into trouble while upgrading software on the contrary.But we are all living in free countries so each does what he thinks is the best.

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Thanks all...........What would i gain by having a registered version as opposed to having the latter to run in RC4?Thanks.......

Ed

What you gain is explained in the user guide and on the FSUIPC support site here:http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54Freeware programs that have not obtained their free registration but depend on it will run. These include some gauges, planners, AI stuff, etc.You also get control mapping, calibration, and filtering, additional FS functions assignable to keys or controller switches not in the FS assignments menu, and some more features I can't recall. I use these features in my registered version.Rather then be redundant just visit his support page.Your AS6 has already made some advanced weather features available to you controllable by the AS6 options page.