Sign in to follow this  
northridge

v5 wishlist

Guest Douglas Thompson

You want a GCA?

For those who do not have it try your coordination with an overhead view. Also if you do not have but want a hardcopy airport diagram you can download freeware AFCAD and get a printout but be aware turning on gate and taxiway IDs may result in a congested printout.

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

Like Ray, I never visit an airport without my trusty Flightkeeper on a second monitor. The display functions as a moving map, so you can also see the free parking spots (when landing) and the traffic taxiing around the airport.

Great applicatiion and tons better than the FS9 basic model for many reasons, like choice of runways,better ATC sectors(Fenton Approach???)better vectors etc.etc.Any chance of-:1."After the landing (747),line up and wait RW 25L(or similar)" Happens a lot in RL.2.A way to enter info in the dialog box when ATC is talking.I find I cannot and it sometimes leads to a ticking off later!For instance scrolling through the runway,ILS approaches options etc is not possible when ATC is talking to you or others.3.A selection of altitudes/FLs at 40 miles.It's OK for vectors but sometimes(despite what others have said)for a straight in it's a bit tight.Pilot to be aware of terrain of course.4.A slightly better way of getting "credits"for waypoints.I still find that ATC is missing them now and then even when the FMC gets you to within the permitted range.Been discussed here a lot but still seems to happen.5.(a minor issue but..)more variety in the recorded chatter.e.g.Runway 2C at wherever seems to be everywhere in the US and Liverpool gets used for a lot in the UK

1) i'll check with the experts2) that's on the list3) doubt it4) already on the list. you won't be penalized by being told to fly back to it, but if you miss it, you missed it, and you will be told about it at the end of the flight5) turn off pre-recorded chatter, and listen to ai chatter only.jd

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

May I add: Making position calls (position, downwind, base, final) at untowered airports

Sounds good.Look forward to it!3.Point taken.Incidentally I notice that if you wander about a bit after getting the initial descent clearance,no one seems to mind.Before going to approach I mean.4.Still don't know why the "credit" doesn't get applied even when you do fly right through the waypoint!Not every time,I agree but sometimes.Wonder if it's when your flight plan calls for a large turn and ATC is talking?However if you do miss it,you don't seem to get penalised if you do the "direct to"routine quick enough.5.Agreed.The Manchester one is good though as are several others-SFO for example.

<>:-beerchug Thanks Chris. I may do some more when time permits and the wind is in the right direction for best reception.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Douglas Thompson

#4 - It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't deal on our end. We chose damned if you don't for v4. This is really no different than the issue of, when RC's talking, you can't scroll through menus. It's possible (JD would have to confirm), if RC's got a que of clearances at the time of checkpoint progression... it's never happened on this end but you're not the first to bring it up.I've put this sort of thing towards the top of the list for v5. Fixing this issue will fix several other (imo) shortcomings, but there'll be a price unless John can once again show me, he's the best programmer I know. We don't want to go back to choppy voices either.For now, be sure to not be warping as your cross the checkpoints. 1x, 2x at the most.

The only real gripe that I have is the controllers are too impatient, especialy when flying jets, it takes a few second's to pull up your FMC and hit Descend now, the biggest grip I have is the 30 miles or less descent clearance, I usualy get it passing through FL250, it's a bear trying to get to 11 or 12 thousand in a fully loaded 737 and or 767 in 30 miles.Dale

Hey Ray and others that run FS Flightkeeper. RC4 and FSFK run on the Widefs machine. Whenever I start RC4 and then FSFK I loose my FSUPIC multiline display (if that's the correct term). I'm kinda new to FSFK and have gone through all the options back can't figure out why that is happening.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Hi Vollmey,I haven't had that problem but my setup is different. On my FS9 PC I run FS9 (of course) and RC4. On my WideFS PC I run FSFK and ShowText - an alternative display to AdvDisp. I switch off the new FSUIPC display.In the FSUIPC "About and Register" screen I have FSUIPC multiline display window checked and "Hide all single line messages" unchecked.In FSFK Options general page I have Message Display Time set to Off.Does this only go wrong as soon as FSFK is started? What heppens if you start FSFK before RC4?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thought it must be your work Ray,considering where you live!Well done with it.I have difficulty with the 135.00mhz approach frequency due to local noise here.The area radars are all very good however.A new one would be good if only to take account of new procedures and waypoints etc.Point noted Douglas.I was beginning to suspect the warp factor was the crunch.I do go to 4x now and then!!It does make it a bit hit and miss with the waypoints.Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.Appreciate it.

Got it Ray, "Hide all single line messages" was checked. I thought I had tried that but I guess not. Thanks for the help!!Dave Vollmer