Sign in to follow this  
Guest johng

New Bangkok Intl VTBS not recognised by RCV4

Let's see if and how VTBS made it into the data base.First, a caution to never save the files I tell you to examine.After the changes I suggested, you ran from within RC the Scenery Rebuild utility, correct? Go into your FS folder and open the file runways.txt with notepad. This is a log file of what the makerwys.exe application, just a component of the processes started from within RC, has done. It will take some time to load. Click Edit/Find and search for VTBS. (If there was a default one the first section to come up would be a stock version.) If you found this section then your scenery library has it correctly in it. Notice in the first line the file path to this scenery. Go through this section and note the runways recognized in the lines starting with ***** showing they were added. If they are not here don't worry at this time.Set your cursor to the next airport to go past the word VTBS and repeat the search. You should come to an entry eventually where the first line indicates the priority AF2s folder I suggested you set up as entry 1 in the Scenery Settings. Make sure that runways and navaids have been entered in this section. If so, move your cursor past this airport and repeat the search. Should you come to another section note the path. If as usual it contains statements to delete all runways, navaids, etc., but does not add any then this is an exclude. In runways.txt the last section encountered for VTBS must indicate runways have been recognized and added. If not, VTBS will not make it into the database.If the preceding is not a problem then close the runways.txt file and with Notepad, not Excel, open the r4 or r5.csv file(if r4 is not present) in the same FS folder. It will appear as rows of comma delimited fields. Search for VTBS to make sure it made it into this database file. If it did, there will be a runway listing with each runway starting with three characters. The first two characters will be the runway ID. The third character will be a 0, 1, 2, or 3. 0 is used for non-parallel runways. 1 is left, 2 is right, and 3 is center. If there is a localizer or ILS the frequency will be in the eighth field, otherwise 0 will be in it.If VTBS is there with runways close this file and and go into your RCV4\data folder. Check the properties of r4.csv to make sure it is current or set up the Explorer view to list details. Note the modified date to insure it is the same as when you ran the scenery rebuild from within RC. If it is open again in Notepad and search for the VTBS entries. If it is there, and all previous processes completed close that. Check the modified date of a4.csv and if correct open it in Notepad. If VTBS is listed it should be in the RC4 database and recognized when RC loads you plan.What you have done is in the first steps insured that the scenery has made it into the runway data base in the FS folder with runways assigned. In the steps taken in the RC4\data folder you are making sure that r4.csv was copied into it (a current version created in the FS folder) and then in the airport database which is created by RC from the r4.csv file that VTBS in there, the a4.csv.Let us know if any of these files do not include VTBS.

open f4.csv file with notepad - NOT excel. you don't have to rebuild the database. the f4.csv doesn't come from the rebuild process add this line, into f4.csv - it is sorted in alpha order. so put it in between the two appropriate lines. VTBS, Bangkok Intl, 127.80, 128.70, 121.75, 118.20, 0, 0, 119.40, 122.35
Hi I am having a similar problem. I have armi VTBS scenery installed: http://secure.simmarket.com/armi-tic-vtbs-project-2010.phtml, but my rc4 doesn't recognize it. It uses FSS to get weather and get clearance.2) Also another problem here I am facing is that after engine start up i contact FSS for clearance and by the time i start taxing and get to the runway I hear a msg: "you are taking more than 20 mins. You should be better prepared, Good bye" and RC closes. I am sure in real world in big airports like even in omdb, i have experienced aircrafts taking more than 30 mins to take off after engine startup. (In fact in my experience in omdb, kjfk and cyyz i have seen aircrafts taking a long time to start engines after push back as well).1) Now coming back to original problem: I compared the comm frequencies from the afcad file of this scenery to the VTBS charts available online: http://www.fly-sea.com/charts/VTBS.pdf and see the first page for frequencies. I noticed that the ATIS frequency in my afcad is wrong (should be 127.8) and there are two ground frequencies (121.65, 121.95) and two tower frequencies (118.2, 119.0). All of these frequencies are in the chart but there is no frequency for departure.Despite this in the f4.csv which i opened with notepad with administrator privileges i inserted this line:VTBS,Suvarnabhumi Int'l Bangkok,125.70,121.65,121.95,118.20,119.00,0 <-- zero is for the departure (just trying it out).After starting rc and when i load the fs flight plan (VTBS to ZBAA) i get an error msg: "Run-time error 62RadarContact.rc4module.get_arrival_information"I get the same error if i don't put departure frequency.When i remove it. RC works fine like before.Any ideas for the two issues?Thank you. Edited by biloo

Bilal Asif Khan

Wait I realized now I was missing two digits from the entry I added:VTBS,Suvarnabhumi Int'l Bangkok,125.70,121.65,121.95,118.20,X,X,119.00,0 I was missing the X digits. Could you tell us what these digits mean ? After the entry RC4 works without error, and in the controller info i noticed both approach and arrival frequency are the same.If one of the X mean anything abt arrival could I set one of the arrival frequency from the chart ?

Bilal Asif Khan

How do I add traffic, there is no aircraft at all in parking. I have traffic x

thanks

ZORAN

RC does not provide traffic and only reports it.

Be sure makerwys.exe is up to date ( http://forum.simflig...ional-programs/ ), install and run via the scenery update utility within RC. In your FS folder there is a file called g5.csv. This is for future use by RC. It lists the parking for various airports. Open that with wordpad, not excel, and search for VTBS.

The format for each parking line is:

ICAO, GateName*, GateNumber, Latitude, Longitude, Radius*, HeadingTrue, GateType*, AirlineCodeList ...

and each field that may be entered is:

* GateName is either omitted or one of

Dock

Park

PkN

PkNE

PkE

PkSE

PkS

PkSW

PkW

PkNW

* GateType is:

0 = none

1 = Ramp GA

2 = Ramp GA Small

3 = Ramp GA Medium

4 = Ramp GA Large

5 = Ramp Cargo

6 = Ramp Military Cargo

7 = Ramp Military Combat

8 = Gate Small

9 = Gate Medium

10 = Gate Large

11 = Dock GA

This test will show if there are parking spots.

It is more likely that traffic x may not have an ai flight plan for VTBS traffic since it is perhaps a later creation. If traffic x has a timetable or other utility use it to see if VTBS is in its flight schedules. If not, you can use an ai flight planner tool such as aifp2121.zip in the FSX (also works in FS9) utilities library here. On starting it will update to a new version. You load a traffic type bgl file into it and then it will decompile that file which takes a long time. Then the description states that it you can search for an airport and see if traffic exists for it. This is just one of those file utility types.

You can also check sources such as World of AI or MRAI to see if flightplans and ai aircraft models are furnished for VTBS. World of AI has about 66 plans for VTBS:

http://www.world-of-...om/airports.php

Enter VTBS in the seacn box and click Search. Scroll down after it gets results to see the list currently:

66 packages visiting VTBS :

(Click the link to go to the package page)

Aeroflot Russian Airlines Air Asia[indonesia] Air Asia[Malaysia] Air Asia[Thailand] Air Astana Air Berlin air china Air France Air France (Cargo) Air Hong Kong Air Macau Air Madagascar All Nippon Airways (Cargo) Asiana Airlines Austrian Airlines Bangkok Airways British Airways Cardig Air Cargolux Airlines International Cathay Pacific Airways China Airlines China Airlines Cargo China Eastern Airlines China Southern Airlines Druk Air Corporation Egyptair El Al Israel Airlines Emirates Ethiopian Airlines Etihad Airways EVA Airways EVA Airways (Cargo) Finnair Garuda Indonesia Grand China Airlines Gulf Air JALWays Japan Airlines Japan Airlines (Cargo) Jet Airways[india] Jetstar Airways Jetstar Asia Kenya Airways KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Korean Air Lines Korean Air Lines (Cargo) Kuwait Airways Lufthansa Malaysia Martinair Holland (Cargo) Nippon Cargo Airlines Northwest Airlines Northwest Airlines Cargo Oman Air Qantas Republic Express Airlines Royal Brunei Airlines Royal Jordanian SAS Singapore Airlines Singapore Airlines Cargo Swiss Thai Airways International Tiger Airways Turkish Airlines Vietnam Airlines

I would think Thai Airways would be a good start.

Be sure to get the W of AI installer as well. I don't use it so back up your traffic x trafficxxxx.bgl flight plan file in your FS9 (FSX) \scenery\scenery folder so it will not be overwritten. I don't use W of AI and I don't know if they provide unique traffic file names.

VTBS actively replaced VTBD in 2005. It is easier to install one of the World of AI or MRAI compiled plans than seek out using the aforementioned planners to update your airport list and flightplans switching from VTBD to VTBS.

Search the FS9/FSX forums (whichever scenery you are using) and the ai forums to see what is available.

One caution: If the plan includes and afcad type file after installation rename it so it does not replace or take priority over the afcad type file installed with the scenery so RC gets the correct airport data.

To see what traffic in FS time is using the airport get Traffic Look from:

http://forum.simflig...ional-programs/

Load up FS and park an aircraft at VTBS at a busy FS time. Then alt-tab out of FS (be sure you have it set to keep running when not in the foreeground) and start your installed trafficlook.exe. It will open a grid like window (outside of FS) and show traffic activity within several miles of your aircraft). You can alt-tab back to FS as needed. If you have dual monitors you can run trafficlook.exe on a second monitor,

Please pursue this in a relative forum as this is something outside of RC's application. I gave you enough information on what can be done.

thanks Ronzie, very much appreciated I will give it a try later today when Im free

cheers

ZORAN