Sign in to follow this  
Guest johng

New Bangkok Intl VTBS not recognised by RCV4

Guest johng

Hi,I have rcently installed the new VTBS scenery and although it is recognised by FS9 and FSNavigator RCV4 won't include it in the data base and treats it as an uncontrolled airport. I have rebuilt the data base several times but without result. Can you help?

i don't have any frequencies for it, since it didn't exist when i created the frequency databaseif you send me the frequencies, i'll tell you how to add themjd

Guest johng

Thanks, the site that the scenery came from (siamavsim.com) is largely in the Thai language so I have asked for the information via their support forum which does seem to have some english speaking contributors. I will get back to you if I can find out anything.

Guest johng

OK I have this list of frequencies( which were in FS all the time I just didn't know where to look!)VTBS Suvarnabhumi.ATIS 125.70Tower 118.20Tower 119.00Ground 121.65Ground 121.95ILS Rway 1L 109.10 12139ft 15 19R 109.50 195 1R 110.10 13123 15 19L 110.50 195

i don't have any frequencies for it, since it didn't exist when i created the frequency databaseif you send me the frequencies, i'll tell you how to add themjd
Hi jd,Can you please tell me how and where to add these frequencies? I have also installed the new "Armi Project - Suvarnabhumi airport" scenery. I just need to add VTBS to RadarContact, but I'm not sure how to do this correctly.Jon

Hi jd,Can you please tell me how and where to add these frequencies? I have also installed the new "Armi Project - Suvarnabhumi airport" scenery. I just need to add VTBS to RadarContact, but I'm not sure how to do this correctly.Jon
what are the frequencies you want to add?

These are the frequencies I would like to add for VTBS:ATIS: 127.80Clearance: 128.70Ground: 121.75Tower: 118.20Approach: 119.40Departure: 122.35BTW. Do I have to rebuild the database after the frequencies are added? I already did this after I installed the new scenery for VTBS.I hope you can help me adding the frequencies.Jon

These are the frequencies I would like to add for VTBS:ATIS: 127.80Clearance: 128.70Ground: 121.75Tower: 118.20Approach: 119.40Departure: 122.35BTW. Do I have to rebuild the database after the frequencies are added? I already did this after I installed the new scenery for VTBS.I hope you can help me adding the frequencies.Jon
open f4.csv file with notepad - NOT excel. you don't have to rebuild the database. the f4.csv doesn't come from the rebuild processadd this line, into f4.csv - it is sorted in alpha order. so put it in between the two appropriate lines. VTBS, Bangkok Intl, 127.80, 128.70, 121.75, 118.20, 0, 0, 119.40, 122.35

Hi !!I open this post again as when i try to add bangkok international opening note pad i add the line as told but when i save it it doesnt let me save it. I am using Windows Vista 64...Thanks for ur help

Hi It let me add vtbs but it still does not show up.....
In my computer it say it is impossible to save the file when i add it :( Alfredo

Edit the files with Notepad but run it as an admin and you must have admin privileges to save it.In another area with VTBS I think you have to move the AF2 file in that scenery folder to one of higher priority. To do this create a folder somewhere on your FS drive called AF2s with a scenery subfolder under it as H:\AFSs\scenery. Now move (not copy) the VTBS AF2_xxxx file into that new scenery folder. Run FS and in the scenery settings\library add AF2s so it is in the first position (highest priority). Cole FS and restart it so it reindexes the scenery database. Close FS, start RC, and run from within RC the scenery database builder. That will insure that other than comm frequencies (you added that to the frequency database manually) RC will have all of the other correct airport data. (I don't take chances :) ) I had to do that with another airport from this group.

Edit the files with Notepad but run it as an admin and you must have admin privileges to save it.In another area with VTBS I think you have to move the AF2 file in that scenery folder to one of higher priority. To do this create a folder somewhere on your FS drive called AF2s with a scenery subfolder under it as H:\AFSs\scenery. Now move (not copy) the VTBS AF2_xxxx file into that new scenery folder. Run FS and in the scenery settings\library add AF2s so it is in the first position (highest priority). Cole FS and restart it so it reindexes the scenery database. Close FS, start RC, and run from within RC the scenery database builder. That will insure that other than comm frequencies (you added that to the frequency database manually) RC will have all of the other correct airport data. (I don't take chances :) ) I had to do that with another airport from this group.
Thanks very much Alfredo

Thank you for your suggestion ronzie...I tried it but unfortunately vtbs still does not show up,any other ideas??John